Pork, Chicken and Ribs for 200 Local VFD Folks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have this deal with the local VFDs that if I cook them their BBQ for their parties they don't let my house burn to the ground. So far the deal has work and now it's time for me to feed them this weekend.

Yeah I have 3 days of Hosting and being the Master of Ceremonies for Waterstock but I gotta do what I gotta do and take care of these fine folks first. The plan is to cook and drop it all off at Noon on saturday and scoot to Tim's and take the boat ride out to the Stage/Barge and get the event going by about 12:30pm. Woohooo

They want:
Pulled Pork
BBQ Chicken
Ribs
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw
Potato Salad

I'll make enough for everyone to get a Sammy, a piece of Chicken and quarter Rack of Ribs and a serving each of side.

If I get 14 Butts that average 7.5 lbs I'll make about 210 1/4lbs Sammies

If I get 14 packs of Thighs of 14 each I'll have about 207 pieces

If I get 50 Racks of Ribs that will be about 3.5 bones a person

That sound right to you boys?

I'm heading out to shop this morning and will cook them butts tonight and pull and ice down tomorrow. The Ribs and Chicken I will Prep tomorrow and put on before Dawn around 4am Sat morning to be ready to drop off at Noon Sat.

Let the games begin!!!!!!
:LOL:

Wow, Your going to be super busy..Are you taking a laptop with cellular capabilities so you can upload pics as you cook? :shock:

surfinsapo said:
Don't abuse the Temple Boy! :shock:

Dewd, you gotta really pace yerself when you MC a three day event like this. The weather looks great after tonight so it will be mind blowing fun.

Tim's is a cool place where yes there is a tad of wildness just because you have drinking boaters but we run a clean family friendly event. Heck boy I'm sneaking down one of my Pastors on Sunday to whip a lil Jesus on em.
:LOL:

The event is Sat and Sun from Noon till 8pm and Monday from Noon till 6pm. So I'll be home each night...I hope and will post some pics of the fun.

Got cooking to do first, then play.

Mike,

Looks like you're planning on a 50% yield from the cooked butts. I usually do not get quite that much, more in the 40-45% range. Have fun cooking for a good cause.

bige1 said:
sounds like a busy weekend :)

Tim asked me today to bring and run TWO of our cookers doing Ribs and Chicken Halves. lol Like I wasn't busy enough!

Gonna be a great weekend man!

Pictures and video tomorrow

16 butts prepped and on.
Since I got no pics I'm not actually cooking.
;)

grrrrrr... ya biotch
ok, When I go check next time I'll open her up and get ya a pic of thm 16 butts.

lol

Ya'll are cool as can be.

Not a problem to take a shot. No video this time tho.

Saving that for Waterstock

Who's making these damn rules?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

lol

Ya'll slay me

Hold the phone!!!!
The party is Sunday not tomorrow. DOH I almost made a huge mistake.

The pork I am vac packing and icing down so that's not a problem.

This does make tomorrow the first day of Waterstock much more easy.
Sheeeeew.
I need to pay more damn attention Boy.
:shock:

Butts are all pulled and Iced.
I can Open Waterstock and plug soe folks.
It's game on for 3 days.

Hope the other folks competing do well too!!!

Back
Top Bottom