Pickled Wittdog Jam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, I got vertigo from the swinging part of the video... So Can I make Tasso on my smoker? Give hints por favor chico....aka please boy....That meal was full cajun!!! I love beans, butt..well you know... :oops: Killer video BOY!!!! I Found this to make it...What do you think?
Tasso is a heavily flavored, smoked pork product. It adds a unique and wonderful taste and aroma to soups and stews. I buy it in the grocery store and haven't made it. I am not well set up for smoking. I did find the following recipe at uglybrothers.com if you are inclined to give it a try:

Basic Tasso
Traditional Tasso is made from pork but that has been cut into strips approximately 2 x 4 x 1 inch thick. The Ugly Brothers often use boneless pork strips.

Pig Meat
3 parts plain salt
2 parts Brown sugar
2 parts fresh black pepper
1 part cayenne
1 part white pepper
2 parts paprika
1/2 part celery seed
1 part onion powder
1 part garlic powder
1/2 part cinnamon
1/2 part mustard seed

Coat heavily and refrigerate 2-4 days before smoking. Heavy smoke at 200-225 until internal temperature reaches 165.

If you don't want to make it and can't find it in your store, places like www.cajungrocer.com will ship it to you.

No nuculer subs or battleships Boy,,.,. Either buy or smoke a ham If you buy a cured out the bag ham then cut it inta chunks apply a rub (your choice) then smoke it sum mow.

& SS yes that looks fine

Are yall slow are what BOY

It should taste like ham with exxxtra smoke & a kick from the rub BOY!

I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying your "cultural exchange" package....all that stuff I sent was made locally. ;)
SS if you are going to make that tasso out of an already smoked ham...I'd cut the rind off before I smoked it...you'll get better smoke penetration and the rub flavor will come thru more..Just my .02
That tasso is on my list for when I fire up the smokehouse...

wittdog said:
I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying your "cultural exchange" package....all that stuff I sent was made locally. ;)
SS if you are going to make that tasso out of an already smoked ham...I'd cut the rind off before I smoked it...you'll get better smoke penetration and the rub flavor will come thru more..Just my .02
That tasso is on my list for when I fire up the smokehouse...
Ok, thanks. I will make a bunch and freeze some in foodsaver...

SS witt is correct cut the rind off 1st. If you vac seal it. ya aint gotta freeze it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom