Looking for a Peri Peri recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
Any body made Peri Peri?

From what I know this sauce originated in Portugal but the recipe I have has a LOT of olive oil in it and I think it is greasy. When I put it in the fridge it turned solid and needs to sit out before I can use it.

I would appreciate an authentic recipe if anybody has one that they have tested.

Bigwheel,
Thanks I will check it out.

Northsmoke,

Peri Peri is a Portugese hot sauce. I saw it on a show but the recipe I have is WAY to oily. I was hoping amonst all this food knowledge I could find a good recipe. If the recipe Bigwheel suggests looks good I will comment on it in case anybody is interested.

Well hope that Emeril boy know mo about portugese food than he do about bbq. I was foolish enough to try his Beer Brined Chicken one time. Whew now..that was nasty. Alton Brown whup his haid on brines:)

bigwheel

you could probably get yourself some dry african birds eye pepper and add your own liquids to it to make a pasty type of sauce....the dried stuff is wicked hot...

emeril better know something about portagee food....he grew up in fall river, ma.....

Rob

Rob,

You aint whistlin' Dixie about the Birds Eye peppers. They are hot. I have some dry pequin's (sp?) as well and they will will make you think twice.

The recipe I have for Peri Peri is very similar to Emrils and calls for a cup or so of olive oil. I have never used it in hot sauce before and maybe it is just me needing to get used to this style of sauce as the flavor, I think, is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom