What Kind Of Slaw Do Make With Your Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Steve, that's how I do mine...it is a little more creamy than some members here prefer, but, I think it varies from region to region. I wouldn't mind trying a vineagr based slaw sometime. Maybe Woodman will have some at this house today! [-o<

Steve, Marzettis is the way to go. I'm getting ready to give you a call to get directions to bring the rub over!

Nick Prochilo said:
What kind of flavor is Marzettis? Vinegary or mayonasy?

Nick, it's kinda of a mayonaisy based sauce with hints of sweetness and vinegar. It's an incredibly good slaw sauce!

Dang Larry that avatar is scarring the hell out of me! LOL!

I use a creamy style coleslaw with mayo, buttermilk, apple cider vinegar,
celery salt, a little yellow mustard, a little tabasco or cayenne pepper, and just a touch of horseradish to kick it up a notch. Serve on pulled pork sandwiches and you've got a real treat.

Steve Z said:
Man Kloset that sounds good =P~ Would you care to share the receipe? :grin: Thanks Steve

Not at all Steve

Kloset BBQr's Creamy Coleslaw

I head of Cabbage (2 1/2 - 3 lbs)
1 Carrot

Dressing

2 Cups Mayonnaise
1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Buttermilk
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 large onion grated
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 1/2 teaspoons yellow prepared mustard
1 teaspoon horseradish (or more to taste)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or tobasco sauce

Cut cabbage into quarters, remove stem. Thin slicely either by hand or meat slicer. Grate one carrot (chop into smaller pieces if desired). Add to cabbage.

Add all dressing incredients together. Whisk until blended. Add creamy dressing to coleslaw. Taste bests if stored for a few hours or more before serving.

Captain Morgan said:
...I like a lot of vinegar in everything, but it's too much for most folks.
:eek:

I like it, but in moderation... 8-[

Sweet!
I haven't tired the sauce before, so I picked up a couple jars. I sliced up 3/4 head, a carrott (just the wife and me, and the 2 yungins), added a cup of Marzetti. some S&P, and some celery seed. Waited... tasted, and before I read these responses ... I added prolly Tbsp and a half of Apple Cider Vinegar. Much nicer ... Good Stuff!

And, Oh yeah, this will be thrown on top of the 10 pound pork butt (well, it was...) that is now resting in the cooler.
Fresh French Oinion Soup, Pork Sammies, Fried red potato wegdes, ... We don't need no steenking veggies! The soup counts ! :razz:

Pics to come...not sure which thread I'll post em in yet tho. LOL

Kloset BBQR, your recipe sounds really great, I haven't put nearly enough effort into trying new coleslaws, just store bought or Mom's dressing recipe, and not very often at that...

where's the buttermilk you mentioned above Kloset?

Shawn White said:
Kloset BBQR, your recipe sounds really great, I haven't put nearly enough effort into trying new coleslaws, just store bought or Mom's dressing recipe, and not very often at that...

where's the buttermilk you mentioned above Kloset?

Thanks for noticing my omission Shawn. Recipe has now been updated with 1/2 cup buttermilk.

Raine said:
We make a red bbq slaw.

bbqslaw.JPG

That's what I'm talk'n about! =D> =D> =D>
=P~ =P~ =P~

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom