Fuel oil tank smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forkin Pork

Senior Cook
Hey everyone, don't ask about my stumper clone, cause I don't know what to do for a smoker these days! Can't seem to make up my mind on what to build anymore. [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

And does anyone know, is it ok to use an old 275 gal home fuel oil tank to make a smoker?

They're fine to use as long as after you open it up, and clean it out, build a good, hot fire in it, like up around 700* for a couple of hours. This will burn off any residue. Once it's built, put a damp cloth over the stack while you have a fire going, and as long as you don't get any black or grey color on the rag where the smoke hit, you're good to go.

Tim

Thank for the input everyone, Im have big time trouble replying with posts sorry, trying to get it all straightened out.
Man.....like I don't have enough trouble with building a new smoker, I gots to deal with this, hope this one gets posted.

Yes it posted....... [smilie=rlp_smilie_242.gif]
Let me see if it works again. [smilie=a_peek.gif]
Nope, didn't go through, let me keep trying and I hope you are all amused by this. [smilie=a_madtongue.gif]

I made one but it is used for whole hog or direct grilling. Its not an offset kind. No pictures of it, sorry. If I think about it, I will get some next time I am at my dads place.

Anyone gort pics - 275 fuel oil tank smokers

If anyone has any pictures of a 275 gal fuel oil smoke, I'd like to check them out ,,,,gonna make mobil one soon, maybe!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom