All Night Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
Getting in a little practice before next weeks competition in Madison, IN. I'll be bringing my Stumps GF223 as a backup to my Jedmaster just in case electricity is not available. This will be the Stumps maiden competition voyage.

I decided to do some pulled pork and will also add some chicken later this afternoon. The pork butt went on about 9 PM last night.

I hooked up the stoker to the Stumps so I could sleep through the night. Set the Stoker at 225 and let her rip.

Checked on the butt early this morning. Temps were holding steady at 228 and the butt internal temp was at 165.

Still have a long way to go. The Stumps and Stoker are a winning combination. The Stumps really doesn't need the Stoker but what can I say, I love gadgets! It really made an all night cook a piece of cake.

I'll post a finished picture sometime this afternoon.

You're right Aaron but it got quite a workout last weekend at our company BBQ. Just trying to allow the Stumps to earn its keep as well!

It's amazing on how different all the smokers cook and that's the fun of it!

Nothing like having a selection to choose from,and yeah it is amazing how they all have there own merits. :)
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at Oinktoberfest,looks like a few Canadian teams are heading there this year,should be a riot.
Aaron

Finished product

The pork came off the smoker at about 1:30, internal temp 198. It fell apart as I was trying to get if off the smoker.

The pork was great especially the crispy bark. Here is a picture of the pulled pork.

Made some sandwiches topped with creamy coleslaw and a hybrid KC/NC based sauce. Love the ying and yang effect of the creamy coleslaw against the vinegar based tang of the sauce, the crunchy texture of the slaw against the tender pork.

Next up Chicken!

OK chicken is done. I didn't bother to trim like I would for a comp. These were done strictly for taste and they were good.

Back
Top Bottom