Comfort Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damm John You sure can make us hungry. We love pot roast over rice here in La

john pen said:
good lookin' grub..got a recipe for the cuke' salad ?

Morning John,,

Usually I use sliced cuke's, cherry tomatoes, green olives, and red onion. If I'm lacking ingredients I'll make do with the cuke's and red onion. I mix sour cream and mayo, two to one, with enough cider vinegar to taste it, with a hand mixer to get it very well blended. S&P to taste then stir the salad, refrigerate for 30-40 minutes and serve.

cool thanks..Ill be trying that tommarrow..the cukes are coming in around here and are plentiful..cant wait !

John A. said:
[quote="john pen":1pk9we7d]good lookin' grub..got a recipe for the cuke' salad ?

Morning John,,

Usually I use sliced cuke's, cherry tomatoes, green olives, and red onion. If I'm lacking ingredients I'll make do with the cuke's and red onion. I mix sour cream and mayo, two to one, with enough cider vinegar to taste it, with a hand mixer to get it very well blended. S&P to taste then stir the salad, refrigerate for 30-40 minutes and serve.[/quote:1pk9we7d]

The wife does the same thing with 2 minor changes. She uses dill weed and she soaks the cukes in salt for 1/2 hour then rinces them. That helps get some of the moisture out and makes them a little more "audante".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom