Went to Panthers Training Camp today and ended up with this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PantherTailgater

Senior Cook
I made the mistake of letting my wife go into the fruit stand alone while I watched our new puppy. I've never had to take out a loan to buy peaches before this year's trip to training camp!

if you ever go to EB's in Indian Trail, pick up
a jar of their mustard chow chow...dang good
on a hot dog...speaking of, where's the pic of
your dog?

PantherTailgater said:
Here's the rascal dog.

Pepper is 15 weeks old and just getting started with all of the "enjoyable" :roll: behavior associated with puppyhood.

Smartest puppy I've ever owned.

great looking dog . she border collie or part border ??

cflatt said:
PantherTailgater said:
Here's the rascal dog.

Pepper is 15 weeks old and just getting started with all of the "enjoyable" :roll: behavior associated with puppyhood.

Full BC.

My sister-in-law lives on a farm in Tenn. She raises a litter every 3-4 years. The litter she had this year was really speicial in our opinion. We lost our last dog last year to old age. We couldn't resist the temptation. So far, she's the smartest and easiest puppy to train we've ever had. BC's aren't for everyone but we're very pleased with her.

PantherTailgater said:
cflatt said:
PantherTailgater said:
Here's the rascal dog.

Full BC.

My sister-in-law lives on a farm in Tenn. She raises a litter every 3-4 years. The litter she had this year was really speicial in our opinion. We lost our last dog last year to old age. We couldn't resist the temptation. So far, she's the smartest and easiest puppy to train we've ever had. BC's aren't for everyone but we're very pleased with her.

I agree, they arent for everyone, esp if you have no place for a dog to run and no time, but they are wonderful dogs. I dont think there is a breed I would rather have. Grew up with one, amongst many other breeds, and love 'em.

Beautiful dog.

No doubt about them needing space and attention. We have about 1.5 acres even though we're in a residential area and we've always given our dogs a lot of attention. This is the first BC we've had so we're very careful about giving the attention and training it needs from the beginning.

I've grown up with dogs. My dad was a hunter and raised beagles. I can't imagine going long without having one around my home.

My first dog was a beagle...his name was Puffnstuff.
Had a golden retriever (Molson) in NC and there was a BC
across the street. They'd play tag...that little BC was fast!
Molson could never catch him, and when he did, the BC
already nipped em back before Molson could get 10 yards away!

nice fruit but i love that dog . working dogs are the best . i have 5 german shepherds and love them .

Will double dittos the EB's mustard chow chow. Tricked a purty little lady named Candy Sue into sending me a free evaluation sample. Mighty good stuff. Even had her set up to go for a retail outlet down here...but they was skerred to ship COD which is the only way the fella would take it. He do not like to leave paper trails if you get my drift wink wink. Anyway the deal fell through.

bigwheel

Captain Morgan said:
if you ever go to EB's in Indian Trail, pick up
a jar of their mustard chow chow...dang good
on a hot dog...speaking of, where's the pic of
your dog?

Nice lookin' pup...we've had a few Shelties, which I believe is the same family as the BC but smaller...Great dogs...hope he's not a chewer..

You've gotta keep 'em busy or they'll find the darnedest things to do! We know some people who have two BCs that are almost a full-time job to keep occupied. They take the dogs to a place where they "rent" sheep to let the dogs do what they do. Extremely smart animals. :shock:

--John 8)
(We've gone to trials several times. Once while another dog was working the sheep, a guy came along and found his dog watching some puppies play. "Jack, pay attention," he said. Jack turned himself and dutifully watched the other dog work. :shock:)

brian j said:
PantherTailgater said:
Full BC.

ever raised a dobie?

Beagles, terriers, Springer Spaniels and now a Border Collie. Never had a Doberman.

Based on what's I've seen so far with our Border Collie "Pepper", I'd say the Springer Spaniels were the most challanging to raise but we'll see as our Border Collie ages... ;) She's definitely VERY smart and energetic but still responds well to disciplining, something the Spaniels didn't do sometimes. :(

brian j said:
PantherTailgater said:
Full BC.

ever raised a dobie?

Raised dobes and border collies growing up. The ones that havent been too inbred are great, not quite as smart as the borders, but really close. Just have to be careful of the really narrow skulls, AKC likes them that way. but puts too much pressure on the brain. Those are usually the ones that go crazy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom