MH's Pirate Pork Loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I didn't invite this but adapted it from something I saw the BBQ U guy do once.

Take a pork loin or two small whole loins and drwnch with some Captain Morgan [Argh!] and let set about 10 mins. Then a layer of Dijon Mustard and some brown sugar.

Have some string and bacon ready and don't forget to pop a top.
http://www.mikehedrick.com/bbq/foodpics/pirateporkloin01.jpg

After you get the middle filled up then lay out some strings and and some bacon strips and set the loin down and line with bacon and tie the strings nice and tight.
http://www.mikehedrick.com/bbq/foodpics/pirateporkloin02.jpg

After all tied up then hit with yer Pit Pirate Pork Rub and pop another top. The prep time on that is 1 Pop.
http://www.mikehedrick.com/bbq/foodpics/pirateporkloin03.jpg

I wrapped with foil till later when I'll cook indirectly on the grill.

I cubed up 4 big fat Filets for kabobs and have them in a home made merinade and vacume packed till later. There are some 1" thick burgers in there I have my eye on too.

Are you paying attention?!

I learned from JB's videos I need a darned Salad. Let me look around. MAybe twice baked potatos on the grill. hmmmm?

Looking good Mike. Dont forget the finished pics. And,,,,,, have a pop a top for me. I am working for the next 3 days. :cry:

Wow this is a small world...cooking a loin myself today. Be the 2nd maiden voyage for the bright new and shiney Grand Prize Winning electrified Brinkmann Gourmet. I started to think of making something fancy but the warden say no..no..just cook it. She an old farm girl ya know? Anyway gave it a mustard slather and light daub of Texasbbqrub then a fairly heavy coat of Wolf Bold. Got it in some real heavy hickory and apricot smoke at temps unknown. Guess I check it in about a 12 pack.

bigwheel

Now if you speaking Cheery Bounce would be glad to agree with ya. If you speaking of wood it makes real nice furniture. That dang loin is already up to 140 and it only been on there for an hour and a half. It must be the lid off the weber kettle which I set on top to help in case if the rain come back. That thang is only slightly less hot than Venus.

bigwheel

Meat is on and I have a new sponsor......

The Original Charcoal Company!
You will see their bags in some of the photos of me cooking. They are donating all the Charcoal for Op. BBQ for Our Troops in DC and after checking their product and all I'm proud to say their product is GREAT for BBQ folks and way cheaper than Kingsford coal. $3.50 for 20lbs not $7 for 21lbs.

You can buy at many Home Depots across America.

I put the loin on with 2 chicken halfs for Momma who is healing. I'll get to my stuff in a bit.

Changed my mind. Gonna make Steak Burriots and Tacos with my filets. Let me get some beans going and I'll post ya'll a few pics.

brb

Well thanks for the heads up on that charocal. I have snag some of that stuff. Sounds like they got it priced right.

bigwheel

Ok looking forward to the pics. I dont know how anybody cooks and takes pics at the same time. Dont it make your camera greasy and stuff? Well that loin done hit 150 as we was speaking it wrapped up safe in a warm spot. The cooking crew is officially off the clock and it now MILLER time..cept I dont drink Miller less it free or on sale very heavy. It Bud time I guess. Maybe a half swallow of Ezra left. Woe is me.

bigwheel

Good job Mike...nice setup and I'm going to homedepot right now...food looks great!!! [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

surfinsapo said:
Good job Mike...nice setup and I'm going to homedepot right now...food looks great!!! [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

Thanks bra'

I think I am finding my space and type of cooking and video. I'll be teaching the everyday guy from basics up and from scratch.

I did learn fast but man if'n I had ya'll to watch I could have saved some time.

Thanks for the schooling bra'

Side note: Gonna surf/boogie board Barbados in Jan 2008. I'm hoping for Winter storms

Mike Hedrick said:
surfinsapo said:

Thanks bra'

I think I am finding my space and type of cooking and video. I'll be teaching the everyday guy from basics up and from scratch.

I did learn fast but man if'n I had ya'll to watch I could have saved some time.

Thanks for the schooling bra'

Side note: Gonna surf/boogie board Barbados in Jan 2008. I'm hoping for Winter storms
Right-on... I hope you score...
hangloose.gif

Back
Top Bottom