Lets talk about GARDENING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I got my garden started early this year gambling on it not frosting and it has payed off BIG time.

My Roma and Sweet 100 maters are taller than I am. My squash plants have already produced and the pepers are comming on strong. The cucks are climbing the fence and I should have some ready to pick in a few days. Anyone else have a garden?

You definitely have a green thumb Bill! My tomato plants aren't doing anything this year, squash is coming along though.

I just planted two tomato plants last week. I think I'll add some pumpkin seeds soon here :)
Also in the "garden" I have fruit trees. The peach, apple, fig, plum, and apricot are starting to sport major fruit. The lemon and orange go year round.

I hate gardening.

If it wasn't for the fact I love fresh tomatoes I would not bother. I am always admiring other people's gardens and raid the neighbours :)

My tomatoes are up about 2-3 ft now.

We have two gardens, a small one at home and a larger one at a friend's house. The small one at home has 4 tomatoes, 1 sweet basil, 1 cinnamon basil, 1 greek oregano, 1 rosemary, 1 lavendar, onion chives, cilantro, parsley, and dill.

The one at our friends' house has over 20 tomatoes (Romas, beefsteak, cherry, and others), 6 jalapenos, 6 bell peppers, 6 red beauty peppers, 4 cayenne, 1 zucchini (I'm the only one that will eat it.), 4 eggplants, 4 burpless cukes, 4 pickling cukes, green onions, watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew melons, and pumpkins. I think I've listed all of it! We have 1 jalapeno about ready to harvest and they picked a cucumber yesterday. We planted in mid-May so it won't be long now!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom