surfinsapo's grilled lamb souvlaki

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bill The Grill Guy said:
with tzatziki sauce for dinner tonight.

Anyone got any ideas for sides with this meal?

Couscous! Some nice slice cucumbers, tomato, olive salad would be nice too!

Helen_Paradise said:
Greek salad and a side orzo.

Shot of ouzo.

What's the recipe you used for the sauce?
Orzo, stuffed grape leaves, greek salad, spinach triangle....etc..You fixin to be very happy man!!!

Thanks folks.

Helen_Paradise said:

Shot of ouzo.

Tzatziki Sauce

2 containers plain yogurt (8 ounce)
2 cucumbers - peeled, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
3 cloves garlic, peeled

Put in a blender and smoothed it out.

surfinsapo said:
Helen_Paradise said:

Shot of ouzo.

Orzo, stuffed grape leaves, greek salad, spinach triangle....etc..You fixin to be very happy man!!!

SPINACH TRIANGLE!?!?!?!?!?!?! :shock:

spanakopita!

Bill The Grill Guy said:
with tzatziki sauce for dinner tonight.

Anyone got any ideas for sides with this meal?
Code:
 Greek Summer Salad -- Salata Therini

Ingredients 	
3 Cut in wedges Tomatoes
1 sliced Cucumber
1 Sliced Onion
2 Cut in rings Green Peppers
6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Vinegar
 Salt
 Pepper
1/3 lb. Feta Cheese
2 Dozen Black Olives
chopped or crumbled dried oregano Parsley

Preparation

Place the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and peppers in a large salad bowl.

Shake together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad. Put on top the feta cheese, cut in squares and the olives. Sprinkle with parseley or oregano.
Code:
 Stuffed Grapevine Leaves -- Dolmathakia Me Rizi

Ingredients 	
1 cup Olive Oil
1 lb. chopped Onion
1 cup uncooked Rice
2 tablespoons Dill
1 cup hot cup hot Water
2 tablespoons (optional) Pine Nuts
1 tablespoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
50 to 60 fresh or 1 15oz. can Grapevine Leaves
1  Lemon

Preparation

Heat 1/2 cup olive oil, in a frying pan and saute the onions unitl soft. Add rice and cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Add all remaining ingedients, except grapevine leaves, lemon and 1/2 cup olive oil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Cool. Rinse the grapevine leaves in cold water. If fresh, drop them in boiling water and boil for 3 minutes. Strain and rinse in cold water.

In the center of each leaf, shiny surface of leaf down-wards, place a heaped teaspoon of the filling. Fold ends of leaf over the filling and roll it up. (Do not roll too tighly as the rice will swell). Cover the bottom of a shallow saucepan with vine leaves and place "dolmathakia" side by side in layers. Sprinkle with lemon juice, add 1/2 cup olive oil and 1 1/2 cups hot water. Place a plate over "dolmathakia" to prevent them from opening, cover and simmer over a low heat for about 1 hour. Allow to cool in the saucepan. Serve them as a cold entree.

Captain Morgan said:
you already made the sauce?

Yeppers, I started making my sauces and rubs for this weekend and figured as long as I have the stuff out and the kitchen is a mess.

I just picked up the Pita bread and feta cheese. Making a cucumber salad and a greek salad along with some cuscus. I'll get some finished pics tonight.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":x664mc1g]so you're saying you make better sauces than me?

Well you said it, not me. The tzatziki sauce is good. A little thin, but good.[/quote:x664mc1g]

I'll send ya that recipe soon for the theeeeck sauce.

Now...can you say tzatziki correctly???? ;)

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":1y5n7are][quote="Captain Morgan":1y5n7are]so you're saying you make better sauces than me?

Well you said it, not me. The tzatziki sauce is good. A little thin, but good.[/quote:1y5n7are]

I'll send ya that recipe soon for the theeeeck sauce.

Now...can you say tzatziki correctly???? ;)[/quote:1y5n7are]

Thanks Helen.

Shoot, I cant even spell it correctly. I have had to copy and paste it all day. :oops:

Okay, dinner was FANTASTIC. I recomend that everyone here go and buy a leg of lamb and do this meal. Thanks for the recipie and the ideas for the sides. Here are some finished pics. Thanks to surfinsapo for the recipie.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Okay, dinner was FANTASTIC. I recomend that everyone here go and buy a leg of lamb and do this meal. Thanks for the recipie and the ideas for the sides. Here are some finished pics. Thanks to surfinsapo for the recipie.

I 2nd that.......great lookin grub!

OPA!
Glad you like it. That marinade works on all kinds of meats and poultry...Looks delicious!!! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom