First Whole Hog Of The Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Have a 140 pound or so whole porker to do this coming Sunday. I'm always excited about the first hog of the year. After that the thrill is gone. Getting my cooker ready today by a run of 20 pounds of lump to get any "funk" out of it from last year and grease the wheel bearings. Still have to sharpen knifes and make damn sure all my supplies are in order. Nothing worse than being miles from home and you forgot something. Bud Russ is going to help put it on as I can't do that by myself any more. (yea, cuz I'm a wuss) Just got back from the farm with fresh brown eggs and the guest of honor is looking a little worried. He goes to the butcher Thursday and I think he knows something is up. I'll pick him up Saturday and will start the cooking process about 4:00 am. Pics to come. You guys want pics of the slaughtering process? I may be able to get them, but I feel they may need to be posted in the "Blue Room" as there not for the weak in the stomach, or some may be offended by the process.

If she hit it at least it would be tender.... :P
Hey Pigs how much gas does it take for a pig.... :evil: :P :D
Let me know I'd be happy to give you a hand at some point.....

I have heard of some guys taking their grills thru the self serve car wash. A hand full of quarters and some high pressure water gets the grates mighty clean.

Just bring an old rain suit for the splash back.

Chiles

Back
Top Bottom