Shenandoah Valley VA Competition for 2007 (cancelled)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I just got off the phone with the organizers (www.cookoffatthecave.com). The county has yet to issue the permits needed to hold this contest. I even asked if there was someone that WE could contact to move things along but she said "permanent hold". :cry:

She regrets that it won’t take place but is planning ahead for next year. I did gave her my email addy to keep me/us informed for next year.

Sounds to me like somebody has their unmentionables twisted at the permit office over something that it shouldn't. That's sad, sorry to ever hear of a contest being canceled. Our first this year was cancled but only because not enough teams signed up. They had picked a bad weekend to put it on. Same weekend as the Huntsville, AL contest and really close to it too.

New Market Comp

Terrible news! Thats number 3 for us. Rockingham NC cancelled, Asbury Park cancelled and now New market. Oh well, just means we have to add a couple!

Thanks for the update,
Dan

here's the ones we're doing

May18-19th ............ BBQ on the Farm Yardley, PA

May 25-28th ........... CT State Championship Limerock, CT

June 23-24th .......... NH State Championship Merrimack, NH

July 6-8th ............ Guitarbeque Asbury Park, NJ ( cancelled)

July 28-29th .......... Harpoon Windsor, VT ( full)

August 18-19th ........ Hudson Valley Ribfest New Paltz, NY

August 24-25th ........ New Holland Summerfest New Holland, PA

Sept 14-16th .......... Lions Harvard Festival Harvard, Mass

Looks like a great lineup there Bob. We will also be at New Holland. Our team name is Double D's BBQ. What is your team name? We'll be sure to look you up.

Dallas

Back
Top Bottom