Scothed Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Gary always takes care of dinner at the contests and I do the breakfast.

Gary had some rib eye steaks that he brought and Tim did a fantastic job of grilling up. Gary has a new steak rub that is fantastic.

Here is some scothed eggs I did on the WSM.

JamesB said:
Hey Bill,

Is there a trick to getting the sausage on that thin? I've tried to make these eggs before and always end up with 1/2" of sausage on the outside and that is a bit thick for my liking...

Any help would be appreciated.

James.

Not realy. I just cut the sausage into 8 slices, put a slice in my hand and made a bowl and then put the egg in and started wrapping.

Larry here is my recipe for them, I have never done them on the WSM though.

Scotch eggs

Ingredients :

1/2 lb ham (finely minced)

10 eggs (8 hard/semi hard boiled) 2 beaten

6 anchovies fillets (finely minced)

1/4 cup chopped parsley

2 cups fresh breadcrumbs

pepper to taste

some butter

some olive oil

Directions :.

Mix together ham anchovies breadcrumbs two beaten eggs and parsley. (should make for a wet mixture.)

Take the hard boiled eggs that are shelled and cooled and wrap a layer of the ham mixture over them.

Play with this so that you do not end up with too much of the ham layer.

Set aside on a plate. Do the same with the remaining eggs.

In a large skillet take some butter (about a tablespoon or more) and a bit of olive oil and heat to medium / high.

Fry all of the eggs in the skillet until they are all golden brown on all sides. They should be nice and crispy on all sides. Drain on a paper towel.

Cut each egg in half and serve warm on toast or even on a green salad.

Sprinkle with pepper. (Due to the salt content of the ham and the anchovies I did not find any need to add anymore salt)

Diva Q said:
Larry here is my recipe for them, I have never done them on the WSM though.

Scotch eggs

Ingredients :

1/2 lb ham (finely minced)

10 eggs (8 hard/semi hard boiled) 2 beaten

6 anchovies fillets (finely minced)

1/4 cup chopped parsley

2 cups fresh breadcrumbs

pepper to taste

some butter

some olive oil

Directions :.

Mix together ham anchovies breadcrumbs two beaten eggs and parsley. (should make for a wet mixture.)

Take the hard boiled eggs that are shelled and cooled and wrap a layer of the ham mixture over them.

Play with this so that you do not end up with too much of the ham layer.

Set aside on a plate. Do the same with the remaining eggs.

In a large skillet take some butter (about a tablespoon or more) and a bit of olive oil and heat to medium / high.

Fry all of the eggs in the skillet until they are all golden brown on all sides. They should be nice and crispy on all sides. Drain on a paper towel.

Cut each egg in half and serve warm on toast or even on a green salad.

Sprinkle with pepper. (Due to the salt content of the ham and the anchovies I did not find any need to add anymore salt)

Thank you Diva and I will use your recipe. But I already knew what they were, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to pick on Bill's misspelling! I was just poking fun! :twisted:

Gary in VA said:
those things were goooooooood... I was surprized... It wasnt something I had on my list to try...but it is now something on my list to cook now!

They are great.....I usually put more sausage around mine but I only am able to get 3 eggs per roll of sausage.

Diva, the only difference is I dont do the bread crumbs. Just the sausage around the egg and onto the WSM at 250* for 1 hour.

Larry Wolfe said:
Thank you Diva and I will use your recipe. But I already knew what they were, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to pick on Bill's misspelling! I was just poking fun! :twisted:

Hey Greg, I thought we banned Joker?

SteerCrazy said:
Gary in VA said:
those things were goooooooood... I was surprized... It wasnt something I had on my list to try...but it is now something on my list to cook now!

They are great.....I usually put more sausage around mine but I only am able to get 3 eggs per roll of sausage.

That's all I got with the ones I made last time.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":12jg6zrl]

Hey Greg, I thought we banned Joker?[/quote:12jg6zrl]

It's all in funny hunny! :D

Bill I am going to have to try those without the breadcrumbs.

I have the next two weekends available to play around so I will add that to my list.

Those look fantastic Bill. :D May have to do a dozen or 50 at Oinktoberfest this year. Those would be great to pass around and share. Along with ooompappy's hush pup's :D

Back
Top Bottom