Wolfe Rub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Many of you know my son is now stationed in Iraq. He stays at the police station where he is working all week and only goes back to the base on weekends. At the police station they have unlimited internet access and we have been emailing everyday. While he's at the police station, they have to cook for themselves and the Iraqie police they are training. He asked me to send him a few easy recipes for when he has to cook. I asked him to let me know what kind of meats they have and what the cooking facilities are like and told him I didn't have any recipes for goat so he would be on his own with that :LOL: ! He pretty much can get most any meat he needs but said simple is the best. I asked him about spices and he said they had slim to none. I just mixed him some of my own rub, ran to the supermarket and got him all the basic spices he will need and then I found an unopened bottle of Wolfe Rub Original in my cabinet. Seems like Larry just went international! :shock:

Holy Smoked Camel Toe Batman, Wolfe Rub is in IRAQ!!!! Thanks Nick, now Saddam Habballah Jallieh will be ordering Wolfe Rub!! The shipping will break me!! :shock:

Nick ask your son if he gets a chance to take a picture of his Unit and to somehow get the bottle of Wolfe Rub in it!!! If they need more let me know, I'll support our troops with WR!!! That's the least I can do!!!

Nick don't forget to tell your boy to spread the abroad about the Wolfe Rub special ;)

Larry Wolfe said:
Holy Smoked Camel Toe Batman, Wolfe Rub is in IRAQ!!!! Thanks Nick, now Saddam Habballah Jallieh will be ordering Wolfe Rub!! The shipping will break me!! :shock:

Nick ask your son if he gets a chance to take a picture of his Unit and to somehow get the bottle of Wolfe Rub in it!!! If they need more let me know, I'll support our troops with WR!!! That's the least I can do!!!

I'm sure he's got an APO or FPO address of some sort. You can send it regular mail and it will still cost you the same as if you were mailing it in the U.S.

SteerCrazy said:
Larry Wolfe said:

I'm sure he's got an APO or FPO address of some sort. You can send it regular mail and it will still cost you the same as if you were mailing it in the U.S.

I was talking about the Shites and Muslims that live there!!!! :shock:

Nick Prochilo said:
We do flat rate shipping and it's $8.00 per box.

A while back we talked about care packages for him and his buddies, looks like this is a good chance. Provide me with an address and I will gladly contribute toward such. :)

oct_97 said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1ldwytwd]We do flat rate shipping and it's $8.00 per box.

A while back we talked about care packages for him and his buddies, looks like this is a good chance. Provide me with an address and I will gladly contribute toward such. :)[/quote:1ldwytwd]
Count me in too.

Puff said:
oct_97 said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":27xsrnmi]We do flat rate shipping and it's $8.00 per box.

A while back we talked about care packages for him and his buddies, looks like this is a good chance. Provide me with an address and I will gladly contribute toward such. :)
Count me in too.[/quote:27xsrnmi]

Me too.

my brother (squint) sends packages over to his friends and here's the email he sent on what seems to go over well as well as the number to the USPS for the kit to send it in. just thought i would pass it on

Beef jerky
"homemade" cookies -- tub o' dough, some time & a vac sealer. snack packs of cookies, crackers, nuts, ritz sandwiches... Costco
has a cracker snack big box & a pepperidge farms variety box, as well
as 1 that has oreos, nutter butters & chips ahoy that went over
really well.
gum
hard candy
real toilet paper
crackers (saltines & the like)

Things I didn't include, but have been suggested:
kool-aid or gatorade single mix packets
phone cards
some of the guys like vienna sausages & the like, but...
the foil packed, no frig needed tuna or chicken salad packs

from the usps.gov site:

The U.S. Postal Service introduced a Military Care Kit, or "Mili-kit"
in 2004 to make it easier for military families and friends to send
care packages to their loved ones stationed overseas. Since the
inception of the Military Care Kit, the U.S. Postal Service has
shipped more than 150,000 kits. Each kit contains two Priority Mail
boxes, six Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes, eight Priority Mail labels,
one roll of Priority Mail tape and eight customs forms with envelopes.

This kit may be ordered by calling the USPS Expedited Package Supply
Center at 1-800-610-8734. There is no charge for the kit. The
Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes included in the kit can be shipped to
any APO/FPO in the world, regardless of weight, for $8.10.

All packages and mail must be addressed to individual service
members, as required by U.S. Department of Defense regulations.

All military units are assigned an APO or FPO ZIP Code and, in many
cases, that ZIP Code travels with the unit. The Postal Service places
APO/FPO mail on special charter flights, commercial airlines and
military service aircraft to reach armed services members overseas as
quickly as possible.

forgot the individual Pringles snack packs. Again, from costco in
the mega box

another edit. alot are near a microwave and cant go out at night due to snipers...so microwave popcorn to go with the movies

Shipping

The flat rate USPS boxes seem to make it there quicker than packages sent in larger boxes. It's (in my experience) more reliable to multiple smaller boxes than 1 large box. We tried that once on the previous deployment......They still haven't seen the package.

One of the girls who works at our local post office set up for any customers who wanted to donate phone cards could either purchase a card and she would send them or make a donation and she would purchase the cards and send them over. She sent over a handfull for my son who passed them out to some of his buddies there. Somebody complained about her and she had to stop doing it. Some people are just bastards!

Nick Prochilo said:
One of the girls who works at our local post office set up for any customers who wanted to donate phone cards could either purchase a card and she would send them or make a donation and she would purchase the cards and send them over. She sent over a handfull for my son who passed them out to some of his buddies there. Somebody complained about her and she had to stop doing it. Some people are just bastards!
Now that is just dumb!! :x
I'd like to get ahold of the person that's complaining :x

Back
Top Bottom