Easter Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Placed my order today for 2 cases of Butts for my Easter Sausage...and picked up some casings and spices from the Sausage Maker...and pick up some wood from the Smokeilicous people.....and a few other things from BJ's looks like next weekend is a Sausage Making weekend...Mr. Pen are you intrested? I think I could scrape up a few light beers.....

What exactly is easter sausage,if you dont mind me asking.What types of woods are you picking up,I have been playing alot with there dusts and have been impressed.
Aaron

Aaron the Easter Sausage is traditional polish sausage but with extra marjoram in it…Today I picked up some hickory chunks and some cherry chips (for the lectric)…Last week I picked up an order of Cherry wood both in log form and the chunks and some pecan, orange and something else dust….I agree with you the dust adds a nice flavor to the finished product…next time I might try the coconut…..
Steer Crazy yeah we’re making a little bit of sausage….my mom wants 30lbs and I’ve had a few guys at work who want to buy some…Forgot to mention while we were out we stopped at Borders and picked up the Ball Canning and Preserving Book(I think that is is another of my must have books) and the new Weber book with a recipe from our own Jminion…he looks a lot older than he sounds :P :D ….next time I’m going for the other Weber cook book….and a nice big thick Stainless pot is on my list…..

.79 to .99 a lb :shock: ....man the best I can is $1.39 and that's because I know butcher (manager) in our Shop Rite supermarket. Coscos wants $1.54 and these are case prices.
And where is a good spot to order some dust, gonna try playing around with it myself. [smilie=18_13_1.gif]

Northsmoke said:
.79 to .99 a lb :shock: ....man the best I can is $1.39 and that's because I know butcher (manager) in our Shop Rite supermarket. Coscos wants $1.54 and these are case prices.
And where is a good spot to order some dust, gonna try playing around with it myself. [smilie=18_13_1.gif]
Here is the link for the dust...http://www.smokinlicious.com/index.php? ... od%20Chips
The price on the butts is the case price at BJs

Just got done deboning and chunking the 2 case of butts I picked up today...tomarrow its time to grind and Sat time to stuff and smoke....

Just took off the first of three batches of smoked Polish Sausage, we did close to a 100lbs of sausage today….45 smoked and 45lbs fresh and I have 7 lbs of brauts to do tomorrow…and I need to smoke at least 2 more batches. I didn’t get much in the way of pictures…things have been busy here but here is one of the finished sausage ready to come out of the smoker…I’ll try to get more pics tomarrow….
I was really happy with the color I’ll find out tomorrow how it tastes…..The boys put a hurting on the link of fresh sausage we boiled up today…I used the smokilicous cherry chips and some cherry dust..worked well good stuff.

Here is a pic of the now cooled and ready to taste Easter Sausage….I’m pretty happy with the results….just put the next 15 lbs into the smoker.

Hmmmmm...working the next 20 hours, then sleep for 12, I could be in West Seneca first thing Tuesday morning !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom