I'm not Irish, but.................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I love corned beef and cabbage so I make it every St. Patty's Day! Turned out real good! Gonna have corned beef, sauerkraut and swiss on pumpernickel later today with the leftovers.

I just peeled some carrots, laid them on the bottom of the crock pot, added onion on top of that. I peppered and garlicked the meat a little, no salt as the meat is plenty salty. The corned beef went on top of all that, added the packt of spice included on top of the beef, poured about 2 cups water over all and closed the lid. Started it on low at 8:30am and left it to it's own devices until about 4 pm. Added the cabbage (push it into the liquid as much as you can) and turned the crockpot up to high. I boiled some potatoes and added them to the broth before serving. We ate about 6:30 and as johnpen said, it really was good. Kinda funny for a French/English girl cooking for her Italian husband and kids on St. Paddy's Day :shock:

Captain Morgan said:
I might do one in the crock pot...what do you put in there with it?

Cabbage and taters ,water, and the seasonings that come in the package. Put it on High and in 5 to 6 hours you got a hell of a meal.

And Larry- your Corned Beef looks awesome! Maybe someday mine will look that good ;) . I don't think I did so bad for the first try though!

Captain Morgan said:
I might do one in the crock pot...what do you put in there with it?

Jim you can just use the spice packet that comes with it or put some pickling spice in cheesecloth and boil it with the beef until tender. Then I added quartered red potatoes, cut carrots, onion and cabbage and simmered till tender.

I'm doing my corned beef today. Yesterday was my father in laws bday, so we went German. Today the corned beefs are on sale and a good day to do it. Nice looking dinner Larry, hope mine comes out the same!

Sadly this is the only meal my husband does not like and it is one of my favorites.

Loved corned beef and cabbage with a hashbrown or two..

Larry that sammie looked awesome bud!

Hey Nick how much does the price drop after St. Patty's?

Nick Prochilo said:
My wife just got back with a little one, 3.78 lbs. I'm gonna start it up in 1/2 hour or so.

My wife found the same size and got 4 of em , 2 for st pattys day , and 2 for later to be placed in the freezer.

I was planning to pick up some corned beef yesterday until I saw the price of it..... $3.99 per pound. Since no one but me really cares for it, that was too much for me to pay! lol

Yours looks great, Larry! My mouth is watering! lol

Back
Top Bottom