Price for 425

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Price and quantity for 425, mixed crowd... meat only

boston butts and pork loins.

I am thinking 200 lbs boston butt and 15 loins sliced thin.

maybe on the high side for boston butt

425 people... ya need somewhere around 145 pounds of servable meat, at a 1/3 of a pound per person.. to get a 1/3 of a pound per person, ya gotta cook about 200 pounds of meat , in total, unless you're counting on a 50% loss due to shrinkage , on both meats... .... that's about 13, 8 pound butts , and 13, 8 pound pork loins...Good customer, meat only , volume discount, you can get away with a range of $1,665-$2.000 ( $8 a pound to almost $10 a pound...

on edit I did some incorrrect math and chaged some figures here

on a second edit.. if you brine both the butts and the pork loins, you wont lose so much to shrinkage

on a third edit.. are these people just carnivores, or will there be other food available for them to eat??

This is to feed 3 servings / lb for 425 + a little.

260 lbs uncooked of Butts = 142 lbs cooked

171 lbs uncooked loins = 142 lbs cooked

This is to feed 4 servings / lb for 425 + a little.

195 lbs uncooked of Butts = 107 lbs cooked

130 lbs uncooked loins = 107 lbs cooked.

Cliff H. said:
So there really is a method to the madness. :D

all I know is that there is a lot of madness in my methods !! :?

I do cut my amount of meats very close.. but I've never run out of meat...

I also brine most of my meats, and put the meats in pans, as much as possible, so my loss to shrinkage is not so much, and ,I save all my juices to add back into the mix

Bobberqer said:
Cliff H. said:
So there really is a method to the madness. :D

all I know is that there is a lot of madness in my methods !! :?

I do cut my amount of meats very close.. but I've never run out of meat...

I also brine most of my meats, and put the meats in pans, as much as possible, so my loss to shrinkage is not so much, and ,I save all my juices to add back into the mix

I put my meats on racks in pans, I got caught out once by cutting the amount of meat a little too close, so I normally account for 5% extra to avoid ever doing it again, so you will find my figures a touch higher than those that Babberqer uses, but we are ball park in the same area.

Back
Top Bottom