Last Minuite Butt Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I was getting all ready to inject these nice chucks for my third attempt at pullable chuck roast.

My brother-in-law calls at 9:40pm wanting me to smoke four butts for him.

It seems that his aunt and uncle who live in Michigan are having trouble finding some good Q and they leave on Sat. Since they don't live near Bruce or Puff, I decided to do an overnighter.

Good thing I am off tomorrow. ;)

Cliff you are a butt cooking machine lately!!! Reload the WSM back up and get those chucks going when you pull the butts off. BTW, WRB is VERY good on chucks!! ;)

Off at 3:15pm and in the cooler.

Total cook time was 15+ hours. I started with a very full load of kingsford and hickory chunks. It burned down to a lot of ash. After 10 hours I started adding lump. It seems politically correct to add lump since it burns hotter and faster. What do ya'll think ?

Pulled pics after a while. ;)

Very nice Mr. Cliff :D
I've done the same thing towards the end with lump. It worked out great ;)

Yeah Cliff where's the pulled pics? Where are those two beautiful chuck roasts you had too??? Come on, don't keep us waiting!!

Larry,
The roasts are in the freezer. I have a question on that. I just froze the twin pack in the thin packaging they came in. Should I have vac packed them individually ?

My camerea flash is not working for some reason so the pulled pics are not as appealing. I will say that these larger cuts turned out to be some otf the best PP that has come of my WSM. They were 9-10 lbs each. The large and small cuts of each twin pack were both about the same size.

Cliff H. said:
Larry,
The roasts are in the freezer. I have a question on that. I just froze the twin pack in the thin packaging they came in. Should I have vac packed them individually ?

My camerea flash is not working for some reason so the pulled pics are not as appealing. I will say that these larger cuts turned out to be some otf the best PP that has come of my WSM. They were 9-10 lbs each. The large and small cuts of each twin pack were both about the same size.

Pork looks great Cliff. If you're planning on cooking the roasts within the next couple of weeks they should be fine as long as there were not any rips in the plastic. If they're going to be in the freezer longer than 2 weeks I'd vacuum seal them.

Back
Top Bottom