Bad last 48 hrs (long & rambling,sorry)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok..First Scream real loud....Next take a deep breath...Ok we feel your pain. I can't imagine not being able to smell or taste...Hopefully things will work out..Your coworkers are wrong..this is a big deal...it's something you love to do..It's easy for me to say..but try to take it easy it might take some time but everthing may work out all right for you..Getting totally worked up won't help anything...and could make things worse....Hell PM me if you want to rant...Good Luck

well, it's not a time to joke (and I could go on here for a while), but
it sounds serious. If it came back before, it'll probably come back again.
Relax, enjoy the down time, and wait for things to get better. They always do.

I would highly recommend you go and see an acupuncturist. You may get some resolution with them or a naturopath.

I wish you all the very best.

Wow Neil, hope it all works out for the best! I took prednozone once and took two doses and started feeling just like you described. I called the Dr. and I had to be weened off of it cause you just can't stop taking it.

Well, look at the bright side.....now you can eat Bubba's cooking without gagging? :roll: I'll keep you in my thoughts Neil.

Very sorry to hear of the trials and tribulations. Praying hard for you on this end. Think it important to maintain confidence that the Lord will work it out.

bigwheel

prednisone is some tuff stuff... and it takes a while for your body to adapt to it, and off it... feel bad for ya... get better soon

Man, that's not good at all. You might want to think about searching out some other doctors. They don't all understand things the same way.

My sense of smell has been diminished -- selective -- my whole life, and the stuff I've never smelled I don't miss. But I'd sure hate to lose the rest of my stunted smell repertoire.

Here's hoping you get back to normal quickly!

--John 8)

Thoughts and prayers for you here. Prednisone is some crazy stuff, everyone in the house but me has been on it and the worst was when both wife and daughter were on it at the same time. My son and I ran and hid for 2 weeks. Seems like each time there was a prednisone "crash" a day or so after the taper ended, but all 3 drs said it can have effects for 6 months or more. Hopefully it will work its way out of your system soon and things will return to normal.

I also agree......prednisone is a very bad steroid.

All too many doctors rush to use it...granted it's near a cure-all for your situation and many others but it's a dangerous drug to put it mildly. Especially if used for any lengthy amounts of time.

you're in my prayers.......be well! :!:

Not to make light of your situation.... but nows the time to go visit those in-laws that can't cook and have horrible B.O. ..... you will honestly be able to enjoy the visit!

Neil,

You might want to pick up some over the counter vitamin B12 pills that also contain an iron supplement ( only take iron supplements "as reccomended" by your doctor ).... try that for 2-3 days...... and if you see no improvement ask your doctor about B12 injections and prescription Zinc medicines.

Vitamin B12 is directly linked to the health of your tongue surface and taste buds.

Can you currently tatste any higher end flavors like hot peppers or vingars?

SJ

Well each time I get the gout the Vet gives me steroids and Vikodin. Aint never interfered with my keen sense of smell or tastes or whutever...course I coulda been overly fortunant on that deal. Now my Mama used to have to take em and her neck swelled up where she looked sorta like a linebaccher for the Steelers. The Rotty took em for hot spots but he had a big neck anyway. Sure wished I could retire. You lucky dawg. Far as I can tell I gonna have to work till I drop dead. Now you talk about a good field to enter where lacking a sense of smell really pays off is to be a medical examiner. We had one down at Corpus who could not smell a thang. Not sure whut caused it but it was definite advantage in that line of work. You get a stinky body in there for him to work on he often set his styrofoam cup of coffee on the table next too em and brush off the maggots when they get to close to climbing in. Just trying to look on the bright side of this deal.

bigwheel

Good luck to you Neil. Woodman has lapses in memory too, slurred speech, and constantly acts like a dick. Side effects of indulgences in his case. Hasn't affected his taste buds though. Said he still enjoys the tase of communion, uh, I mean vanilla wafers. [smilie=a_holyshit.gif]

Don't worry about what others say about people taking advantage of the system. You need it...you use it. Your claims are legit as I've seen them too.

If you do get it make sure you dedicate yourself to your health. You love life too much not to.

Good luck.

You can always go to garage sales with Rempe. ;)

Back
Top Bottom