Short Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Doing a short rib RECIPE that Scotty gave me from Gourmet Magazine. Very simple and the smell so far is amazing!! If they end up tasting as good as they smell, I'm in for a treat. I'm gonna have some garlic redskin mashers along with a meatloaf I'm gonna do in the oven due to the weather. Meatloaf pic's later!! The ribs are braising for the next couple hours I'll post upated pic's in a bit.

Nick Prochilo said:
Looking good Larry! Is your daughter still helping?

Nope she's napping........ she's been fighting the same cold I have had the past two weeks and was up coughing most of the night. She'll help with the meatloaf later though! ;)

Nick Prochilo said:
note to self " don't eat the short ribs, wait for the meatloaf" :LOL:

I think the smell in my house would change your mind!!! I'm smelling a nice 2001 Merlot reduction happening!! :D

BTW the meatloaf does have some Reverend Marvins Gourmet BBQ Sauce in it and will also be finished with a glaze that will also contain the Rev's!

hey my boss gave me a subscription to Gourmet and some other fancy rag for my birthday....maybe I'll read em.

And I put Rev Marvins in my Brunswick stew....just made a 20 gallon
pot..Popeye, I'm out!!!!! Bring lots in April!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1hf77cul]Looking good Larry! Is your daughter still helping?

Nope she's napping........ she's been fighting the same cold I have had the past two weeks and was up coughing most of the night. She'll help with the meatloaf later though! ;)[/quote:1hf77cul]

Looks good man, I was suffering with a cold but I killed it in 3 days :LOL:

Ribs and meatloaf are done. My God, it ain't pretty but this is this a gooooooooood meal!!!

Puff said:
Looks great Larry!
What kind of glaze did you use on the meatloaf?

The meatloaf already had Rev's in it, but the glaze was Rev's and Ketchup about 50/50. Ohhhhhhh man......................

wboggs said:
A round meatloaf, makes perfect sense; no corners to get overdone.

I do the round meatloaves caused I normally do them on the WSM. But due to the weather, I cooked this one inside. My wife in general isn't crazy about my food, but she said TWICE the meatloaf was good!! :shock:

img2503hy0.th.jpg

Anything that has an onion ratio like that just about has to be good. ;)

--John 8)

Hey Larry that looks great, I love beef short ribs and meatloaf. Do you cook short ribs often? The ones I find down here look like they were run through a mechanical separator, hardly any meat at all on them. Do you get yours at a butcher?

Back
Top Bottom