Bow Ties with Broccoli Rabe & Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Our local newspaper has a feature every Sunday "Look who's cooking". The have a regular local person who somebody thinks is a great cook and they interview them and publish one of their recipes. Lots of times they suck but every now and then they have a good one. This is what they had this week. I made it tonight and we both enjoyed it.

1/2 cup olive oil
2 pounds broccoli rabe
1/4 cup Fresh Garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 pound bow tie pasta
1 pound shrimp, cooked. defrosted
1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Locatelli Cheese, freshly grated
1/4 cup Rose or White wine

1.Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan and add broccoli rabe, garlic and garlic salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 15 minutes.

2.Meanwhile, cook pasta to desired doneness in boiling water. Drain & set aside.

3.Add cooked, defrosted shrimp and wine to vegtable mixture and heat through, about 5 minutes. Add lemon juice, red pepper flakes and pasta and toss well. Top with grated cheese & serve immediately.

The original recipe didn't have the wine in it. I was looking for a little sauce to dip bread into so I added the wine. It was a nice addition, it took the edge off the broccoli rabe.

Hi Nick what does broccole rabe taste like? I have seen it used on the cookin shows but never tried it.

007bond-jb said:
Hi Nick what does broccole rabe taste like? I have seen it used on the cookin shows but never tried it.

It has a little bit of a bitter taste in the stems and the heads taste like broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom