Creme Brulee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Got a "Bonjour" Creme Brulee Set yesterday. Figured I would give it a shot.

1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup sugar (I used turbano)
2 extra large egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 300*. Prepare some boiling water.

In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine cream and 2 tbsp sugar. Cook stirring occasionally until small bubbles appear around edges of pan aprox 5-6 minutes. Set asside.

In a bowl, beat egg yolks and vanilla until smooth and light. Pour hot cream mixture into egg yolks a little at a time tempering the yolks continuously until well blended. Divide mixture among 4 - 4oz ramekins.

Arrange ramekins in a baking pan and place on middle shelf of preheated oven. Fill pan with boiling water to 1/2 way up the ramekins. Cover loosley with aluminum foil. Bake until custard is just set, about 25 minutes. Chill 2-3 hours.

Sprinkle remaining sugar evenly over top of cooled custards. Torch the top of the ramekins melting the sugar until it becomes golden brown and bubbly.

Can be served with fresh berries or cut up fruit.

You even foil Creme Burlee?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Not trying to start anything here, but I have never foiled creme burlee. And none of the recipes or books I have mention it.

Helpfull hint: put a kitchen hand towel in the bottom of you water bath to keep the rameking from sliding around.

Finney said:
You even foil Creme Burlee?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Not trying to start anything here, but I have never foiled creme burlee. And none of the recipes or books I have mention it.

I just spit Pepsi out of my mouth, now that's funny I don't care who you are!

That's what I figured but I haven't ever foiled while making it. I don't ever remember seeing to do it in a recipe.

You'll enjoy making and eating your creations. Find some good recipes and you'll be making them as good as any you'll find in better restaurants. ;)

nice very very nice/

mmmm creme brulee rocks/

You can substitute the turbano sugar for a hazelnut vanilla sugar and it is amazing too.

Back
Top Bottom