Hot Dogs Wellington

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yall ever heard of wrapin a hot dog in bacon & deep fryin em? I got a link somewere I put in a new post

wboggs said:
Finney said:
Yankee-boy.... :roll:

LOL ;)
Guilty as charged. Please don't think too less of me, I cant help it, I even put sugar in my cornbread. OH DAMN, I better watch it or I'll get whacked here for sure... sugar in my corn muffins; that was a close one..... :shock:

I love sugar in my cornbread. I love it without the sugar also. It depends on what I'm eating it with.

I was just 'funn'n' with ya with the yannkee-boy comment. ;)

wboggs said:
Finney said:
wboggs said:
Finney said:

LOL ;)
Guilty as charged. Please don't think too less of me, I cant help it, I even put sugar in my cornbread. OH DAMN, I better watch it or I'll get whacked here for sure... sugar in my corn muffins; that was a close one..... :shock:

I love sugar in my cornbread. I love it without the sugar also. It depends on what I'm eating it with.

Oh, I know; I was funn'n with you too. there are some from the South that wont talk to you anymore if you're one of those who puts sugar in cornbread.

That's probably the only thing those people don't put sugar in. :P

007bond-jb said:
Yall ever heard of wrapin a hot dog in bacon & deep fryin em? I got a link somewere I put in a new post

I work the kitchen at our firemens fair every year. I'm working the grill and the zeppole girls are right next to me. We started taking the hotdogs, wrapping them in zeppole dough and deep frying them. Man are they gooood! You can actually feel your heart slow down with every bite!

Finney said:
wboggs said:
Finney said:

LOL ;)

Don't believe him, he hates us yankees! :LOL:

wboggs said:
This is the last one I have with the bigger pictures; I'll do the thumbnails from now on.

I had some pufffed pastry dough in the freezer and couldnt figure out what to do with it so I got creative. Hot Dogs Wellington.

First you roll out and size up your dough then put a partially cooked dog with all the fixens on the dough.
img_85421_0_2435b3477c8550d1cb78c5ff265afa6a.jpg

Roll them up and seal the edges.
img_85421_1_f7c1a9062fa5962147acc912c5927787.jpg

Then put them in the smoker till the dough puffes up and enjoy.
img_85421_2_63bf73509a14912f447bf760f2f2a29b.jpg

They were actually pretty good and great for the kids being self contained and all.

What kind of dough did you use?

Looks like a taste tempting treat to me. Think I seen the Dough Boy doing this on TV using Pillsbury Crescent rolls and popped into the oven. Cant wait to give this a try on the pit. Thanks.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom