Analog cassette tape to digital CD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DATsBBQ

Head Chef
I have a few cassettes that will never see the light of commercial CD release. Is there a cost effective way to transfer an analog cassette recording to a CD-R?

brian j said:
i just did a quick googley search and found this.

Thanks,
That should do the trick as I have 2 computers with DVD and CD recorders built into them (but no 3.5" floppy but I digress)

Cappy, your solution would work also but I'd have to buy a stand alone CD recorder.

Just get one of those 1/8" stereo plugs to 2 RCA connectors . You may have one, sometimes they come with things like those portable DVD players. Then download this http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ and use it to record from your Cassettes. Its free..it works. or even simpler than a purchase, just look under sound in the yellow pages , I know there are production companies in your area and they would rent you a CD recorder for the day. Shouldnt be that much

cflatt said:
Just get one of those 1/8" stereo plugs to 2 RCA connectors . You may have one, sometimes they come with things like those portable DVD players. Then download this http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ and use it to record from your Cassettes. Its free..it works. or even simpler than a purchase, just look under sound in the yellow pages , I know there are production companies in your area and they would rent you a CD recorder for the day. Shouldnt be that much

Once again, many thanks to all. I'm downloading it now. :D

I've used that software to record many of my old vinyl LPs to CD. Obviously the quality will only be as good as the original (though you can do some things via software - like eliminating pops and other noises). I'd suggest that you make yourself two of each CD, and put the second one away in case something happens to the one you're using. The bulk of the time involved in the process is in making the original digital file, since the original tape has to run "real time". Burning a second CD won't take nearly as long as repeating the entire process would.

Back
Top Bottom