Off-Topic Talk about Ray Lampe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunch of tough guys over there when I'm not allowed to respond. Why are they all yelling all the time.

drbbq said:
Bunch of tough guys over there when I'm not allowed to respond. Why are they all yelling all the time.

Either deaf , stupid, jealous , or they think they know it all , maybe. Me I am just in it for the BBQ and the fun , and a win or two would be nice as well.

drbbq said:
I'm not very hard to find. Ask away.

I know that I I appreciate it , by the way have read both books 10 times thru and can hardly wait for book number three . I do have one question what elese besides mustard can ya use on boston butts to make the rub adhere better??

WalterSC said:
drbbq said:

I know that I I appreciate it , by the way have read both books 10 times thru and can hardly wait for book number three . I do have one question what elese besides mustard can ya use on boston butts to make the rub adhere better??

Oil. Pam, water, beer, coke, nothing.

drbbq said:
WalterSC said:
drbbq said:

Now thats what I call a fast answer , I am gonna have to save up for your Lakeland class next year thats a fact, from the pod cast I would love it !!

drbbq said:

The truth be told..

Lampe... you were the one who yelled first; and the loudest, when your book wasnt the talk of the town.. or people said they didn't like it, or you , for one reason or another...

If it was up to me, I would have left that entire thread up there for people to see what factualy transpired, ....not the folklore it seems to be becoming , and one you purvey, on more forums than this one.....and, just to let you know...I would not have banned you..... but.. I have nothing to do with those decisions ...

You were banned not only for your deragatory attitude towards anyone who didn't pick your book first, for a BBQ book of choice...but also because your "behind the scene" tenor , was less than acceptable...

and for the BBQ-4-U. com people who think that the National Barbecue News Forum guys are >>>>Either deaf , stupid, jealous , or they think they know it all , maybe.<<<<<< Remember... Lampe whined the loudest when people took him and his attutude to task..If he came on this BBQ-4-U forum with the same attitude as he did over there, you'd more than likely be singing a different tune right now.... He can try and paint any picture he wants with his podcast, posture, and present public stance, but those colors will run..

Keep in mind .. publicity of any kind sells books...It's all about the money

Bobberqer,
I wish that thread was still there too. It was a smartass post by me and 100 posts of you guys bashing me before I went off.

I really can't believe that you contacted my employer over this though. I'm afraid to talk to you because you might do it again, so go ahead and say whatever you want.

Once again.. truth be told..

1)Your employer was contacted not for the post over on the NBQNEWS Forum, but you know that...

2) I never talked to your employer, but you know that, as well

As far as I'm concered this is over... I will only defer to non-truths being told, from here on out.. Good luck to you in '07

OK, truth only.

1)The truth is what you sent to my employer was a post from the BBQ Forum that was clearly a joke, but you sent it out of context so it made me look bad. What else could have sparked this?

2)The truth is you emailed them, I'm not sure who made the phone call.

Well, the good news is that these are 2 different forums. My members will not seize this opportunity to take a fight some where else as I'm sure the News Forum won't either. The listeners of the BBQ 4 U Show appreciate the podcast that Ray did, as do I, and that's about it.

Whatever happened at the other forum has nothing to do with us here. Again, as I stated at the News forum, my experience with Ray has been nothing but pleasant and professional and he came off the same way when the tape was rolling as when it wasn't.

We have had members in the past get banned and we have had other members come in with differing attitudes on things and while it was rough at first, things seemed to mellow out. It's a sudo-family here and you either learn the ropes and characters here or you don't and you leave. No member gets special attention here except for Jim Minion...afterall, if it wasn't for him none of us would be able to light our WSM's!!!! ;) 8) 8)

And, just to be fair, NO MEMBER is above my law!

didn't see this moved till now....again, sorry about stirring things up.
I just thought it was rare that someone would answer controversial
questions in public like that. I really thought it was a great podcast.
Had no idea there was a history on the News forum. Kinda scared to
go back and see whats happened over there now! lol

What the hell did I miss? It took me 2 hrs to download the podcast...and I didn't have enough time to listen to it all the way thru....anyone care to start at the beginning...Hope you stick around Doc..this seems like your kind of board....Welcome to the the land of misfit Q'ers :D

To be honest, I would rather not have everything re-kindled here. I don't even know what the whole deal was but it happened somewhere else and it should stay there (in the past).

wait, I thought this was the forum for bbq fighting! :LOL:
Actually I prefer the kinder, gentler bbq4u.

Maybe some of those guys and Ray will work things out... sort of like the Grinch when he hears Cindy Lou Who and the folks of Whoville singing after he stole their Christmas presents, and his heart grew a bunch. :D

Greg I thought this was the Forum "For taking it outside" when you got in a fight on another forum :D :LOL: :LOL:
I have talked to Ray a number of times I know he teases sometimes
and that can be misunderstood in print
Anyway I know Ray and Rays OK even when it cost him a few bucks
in a schedule conflict here in Ca. He was looking for a way to make the event Win/Win and it is.

WalterSC said:
drbbq said:
WalterSC said:
drbbq said:

Now thats what I call a fast answer , I am gonna have to save up for your Lakeland class next year thats a fact, from the pod cast I would love it !!

Worcestershire, apple cider, dijon mustard are all good binders. You can also take the dry rub and mix it with a little olive oil to make a paste. That works really well with birds, pork loin, and venison roasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom