Diet Steak Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Picked up a 1lb sirloin. Seasoned, grilled and sliced thin and shared with the family. I'd say I had about 4oz (recommended serving size), threw that on top of romaine, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, carrot and a couple baby corn, then tossed in a bit of Roasted Red Pepper, Parmasean dressing (35 cal per 2 TBS). Very satisfying dinner, considering I would have normally eaten the entire steak myself along with several cold beers and baked potato!! I'm full and probably saved about 1000 calories between the beer and the whole steak and tater!

I would have thrown a bit of the salad on the whole steak ;)
Looked good though ;)

Larry Wolfe said:
Picked up a 1lb sirloin. Seasoned, grilled and sliced thin and shared with the family. I'd say I had about 4oz (recommended serving size), threw that on top of romaine, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, carrot and a couple baby corn, then tossed in a bit of Roasted Red Pepper, Parmasean dressing (35 cal per 2 TBS). Very satisfying dinner, considering I would have normally eaten the entire steak myself along with several cold beers and baked potato!! I'm full and probably saved about 1000 calories between the beer and the whole steak and tater!

You doing the low Cal thing? A couple years ago I did the Atkins thing. Stayed away from anything white. Lost 30lbs. Gained 20 back by now. Anyway, you can drink all the Scotch, eat all the red meat & some veggies (learned how to make BBQ beans with Black Soy Beans - almost no carbs!) But in the end, BEER was my downfall :cry: :cry: :cry:

Keep up the good work. I hear Nick is only eating...well, this ain't the blue room. :D

DATsBBQ said:
Larry Wolfe said:

You doing the low Cal thing? A couple years ago I did the Atkins thing. Stayed away from anything white. Lost 30lbs. Gained 20 back by now. Anyway, you can drink all the Scotch, eat all the red meat & some veggies (learned how to make BBQ beans with Black Soy Beans - almost no carbs!) But in the end, BEER was my downfall :cry: :cry: :cry:

Keep up the good work. I hear Nick is only eating...well, this ain't the blue room. :D

I'm not really doing a "Diet" I'm attempting to change my lifestyle. I believe in the long run that is the only thing that will work and keep the weight off. Beer is my downfall too, so I just need to stay away until I can sit down and drink 1 or 2 beers and be satisfied and stop. Until then, I'm swigging Coke Zero's!

Well Larry, that was a great start to the bet! Looked tasty and wasn't a whole heck of a lot to eat. My dinner was a little more substantial than that. My wife made enciladas (sp) and I did eat two. But on the other hand, from breakfast until after lunch, I only ate 610 calories. My workout at the gym on the eliptical said I burnt 640 calories so I figure I went into dinner -30 calories! :LOL: My downfall is also beer. I don't drink it every night but when I do..............Now if I can keep from snacking at night while watching TV, then I'll have it made.

I think you have it exactly right..it's not a diet that MOST people need , it's a change of lifestyle.

Don't quit eating the things that your body LOVES....just cut down..by 1/2 at least... you won't die....it may not be fun but it will definatelt be effective and your body won't rebel against you.

Once you get the amounts/portions into a habit...THEN you mess with WHAT you eat.

At least that is what has always worked for me.

agreed, the change of lifestyle works much better...slower..but better. I did the atkins thing a few years back and lost quite a bit of weight. but according to my dr I am one that got the bad side of atkins. my body didnt deal well with the sudden change and my blood pressure (which there had never been a problem with) went through the roof. Good luck to both of you.

Hey Larry,

I believe the old saying is "one beer is to many, and a million is not enough". :oops:
keep up the good work! :LOL:
Cheers

Looks good to me, just about the right size portion as well. You will be surprised how much less you want to eat after your stomach shrinks a little.

Larry and Nick,

Im with you guys, I could stand to lose 20 or 30 lbs.

I quit diet cokes and reduced my coffee to 2 cups. Drinking water all day. My wife put me on "juice plus" - some fancy, smancy food supplement, supposed to be good for eveything under Gods green earth. Working on smaller heathly portions + exercise.

Those beers just go down WAY too easy these days. Trying to abstain for a while.

Keep those lite recipies coming!

Gator

Back
Top Bottom