Where's Susan???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick, I don't know...she's posted less everywhere, but we were all so close here..I find it odd she didn't tell us of a problem.. I think someone here knows what the deal is.....

I'll be glad if she comes back.

Susan has posted on 2 or 3 other boards since she last posted here with no hint of a problem. Something happened, obviously, but, I think she's ok.

Niagara River Smoker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":xj0hqveu]I think we should send Bill to look for her. He got Ludichris to come back! #-o
I didn't get him to come back. I sent him an email and he replied with his thoughts about this board saying he wouldn't come back, but then did on his own before before everyone pounded on him. Not defending him ~ Don't even know him.

I wouldn't ask anyone to come back to this board. It's to harsh. I stay here because there is a little I think I can contribute to some and there is alot of good information here. Many here say you have to have a thick skin to play here or get out. That, in my opinion, is what's costing this board members like Rita, Bryan, Keith, Ed, Jane, and I think Susan as well, and there are more. TexLaw made a damn good post last week about where the future of this board lies...And I agree with everything he said except I believe a happy medium can be reached. There's alot of animosity on this board (And yeah, I've been part of it) ~ Too much IMO, but as has been mentioned many times, thick skin is required.....[/quote:xj0hqveu]

Well I gotta disagree about what is costing us members. Each board has it's own personality. Regardless of the behavior on any given board there will be things about a board/members that people don't like and will make the choice whether or not to participate in the discussions of that board. We have a very unique, BBQ savy core group of members here on this board and I would not be ashamed to invite others to join this board, as stated "I wouldn't ask anyone to come back to this board". This is not directed as a slam towards you Bill and please do not take it that way. When I read your above post it seems to me you are embarrassed or reluctantly being a member of this board. This negativity isn't really helping the board. I'm not suggesting or requesting you to leave, but I do have a question. If it's so bad why do you stay? If the people you've named do not want to be a part of this board because of the atmosphere, that is fine. Seems the board will make it fine without them. Not to say we wouldn't want them to be a part of the board, I for one would welcome them if they chose to participate in the conversations of the board. But if they don't, it's their choice and so be it.

SUSAN UPDATE

SUSAN UPDATE

Susan and I exchanged e-mails this past Saturday night. I have also been concerned about her "disappearance" from not only this board but TVWB and others as well. So, when I came across the "BBQ Baffle" product I figured, a gadget, she'd like this, so I sent her an e-mail showing her the product and telling her that I hoped she would buy it and let us all know how it works. I also told her how much she was missed on the BB and expressed my hope that everything was OK.

She responded that she has been "extremely busy the last two-three weeks and that she has been neglecting her boards and that she misses all of them." That was all she offered.

I sent her another e-mail trying to find out if a particular incident had ocurred that turned her off of BBQ-4-U and if so, offered to discuss it to see if I could do anything. Absent that, I told her she was truly missed and hoped everything was fine and told her we all looked forward to when she got back and began posting again. She did not respond to my second e-mail.

For whatever reason, it appears that Susan has decided to take a break from BB's for awhile. All we can do is keep her in our thoughts and hope she returns.

She also mentioned something about hating to see a grown man abusing a monkey in such a manner.

135 replies and no answer from Susan...I think I have an idea on what happened...but it aint for public consumption! :!:

I have an idea, but no need to share it here...she's a big girl, if she wants to come back she can...if not, we'll manage to eek out an exisitence, right?? :!:

Rempe since you're not gonna tell us what happened, I have no choice. THAT'S IT, I'M DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom