Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LowRent

Senior Cook
This is a cross-post. If this is strictly forbidden, then I'll probably be kicked off the forum never to be heard from again. That said, I put the post in the grilling forum because it's clearly not 'cue. But, it's not grilling either. I used my kettle as a lump charcoal fired oven and made pizza.

Link.

LowRent said:
This is a cross-post. If this is strictly forbidden, then I'll probably be kicked off the forum never to be heard from again. That said, I put the post in the grilling forum because it's clearly not 'cue. But, it's not grilling either. I used my kettle as a lump charcoal fired oven and made pizza.

Link.

The grilling section is fine. Its a place for direct cooking.

By the way, both cooks look fantastic.

Aaron said:
If you like pizza have a look at this site www.pizzamaking.com lots of good stuff there.
Aaron
P.S
Those wings look good too,gotta love that Dizzy Pig website :P

It is a great site, and I've been a member for a year or two. I've learned a lot there.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
The grilling section is fine. Its a place for direct cooking.

By the way, both cooks look fantastic.

Sounds like the forum issue is thoroughly sorted, but I don't consider this direct cooking. For clarification for anyone who wants to give this outstanding pizza baking method a go--the coals were not underneath the stone. The coals were lining the perimeter walls of the kettle. Coals directly underneath the stone would burn the crust to carbon-12 before the cheese even partially melted.

If it was done on a grill which it was...it goes in the Grilling section ;) or you could put it in the GD area..one of the nice things about this site is the mods aren't really all that anal retentive about where a post should go as long as it's in the ballbark....they just don't like alot of BS in the cooking sections..... :D Not that that ever happens....

wittdog said:
If it was done on a grill which it was...it goes in the Grilling section ;) or you could put it in the GD area..one of the nice things about this site is the mods aren't really all that anal retentive about where a post should go as long as it's in the ballbark....they just don't like alot of BS in the cooking sections..... :D Not that that ever happens....

I've got no further questions about the forum. I just wanted to clarify the technique.

Now, as far as your comment about BS in the cooking sections... that's some wishful thinking. :LOL:

wittdog said:
Sometimes the BS is what makes a thread.....get locked

Separating BS from BBQ... I don't think so--two peas in a pod. Speaking of pod... where's that Lampe podcast?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom