stoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Fantastic Brian!! Did you French the bones or did the roast come like that?? Congratulations on the Stoker!!!

I got a Stoker too but I'm waiting until the Stumps arrives to use it! Have you figured out how to monitor it from your computer. That was the option that sold me! :D

Dallas, you either need a REALLY long Ethernet cable, or you'll need to get a wireless bridge and run it on ad hoc mode, I believe.

Greg Rempe said:
Dallas, you either need a REALLY long Ethernet cable, or you'll need to get a wireless bridge and run it on ad hoc mode, I believe.

Or bring the smoker into the room where your computer is!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":1ldt8g7t]Dallas, you either need a REALLY long Ethernet cable, or you'll need to get a wireless bridge and run it on ad hoc mode, I believe.

Or bring the smoker into the room where your computer is![/quote:1ldt8g7t]
Don't give him any ideas :LOL:

I recently got a Stoker too. I haven't tried much over 250, but it did a perfect job for the temp range I was going for.

brian j said:
LowRent said:
[quote="brian j":2bur4q92]no, try this one.

Great. Thanks for the link. I had not found that one. It confirms my belief that "stereo" cables & adapters are necessary.
yes, but some how that guy is soldering the adapters to the cable. i need to go to radio shack.[/quote:2bur4q92]

brian j,
I've literally spent the last few hours looking over various options around a gaggle of y adapters (although, I only need two of same right now). The most elegant approach would be a project box, as many panel mount 1/4" stereo jacks as needed permanently mounted in project box, and a cable. If going this route, the cable would have a plug on both ends. But, that would take a fair bit of time/effort/expense.

If you want to make your own "Y" adaptor without a project box, then I would recommend an inline 1/4" stereo jack all discretely wired to a 1/4" stereo plug. In theory, you can connect as many jacks to that plug as you need. However, making multiple connections to this single plug can get messy, and one needs to keep physical strength in mind too. I'm pretty sure this last approach is what the poster in the other forum was doing.

Wouldn't it be easier to buy the adapters that Rock has available on the Stoker site or am I missing something here?

Greg Rempe said:
Wouldn't it be easier to buy the adapters that Rock has available on the Stoker site or am I missing something here?

When he has 'em in stock, yes. When I spoke with him, he didn't.

The other thing is you may want something between the $23 3 port expander and the $110 20 port expander. Say you wanted 10 ports. The above methods give you a way to accomplish same, albeit with a lot of know how and effort/time.

On a side note, my initial reaction to the prices were that they were a little steap. They're not. It's hard to do it a lot cheaper, and when you factor the convenience of ordering all at one time I think it's a good value.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom