What's cooking for Christmas dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
I haven't seen this thread started yet. Here, we're doing king crab on Christmas Eve and two five pound rib roasts on Christmas Day. I put one on the WSM, wait 40 minutes or so, and put the second one on. I pull 'em both when the second one reaches 125*. That way we have one medium rare and and one medium. Every one is happy.

Merry Christmas to all.

Griff

Griff said:
I haven't seen this thread started yet. Here, we're doing king crab on Christmas Eve and two five pound rib roasts on Christmas Day. I put one on the WSM, wait 40 minutes or so, and put the second one on. I pull 'em both when the second one reaches 125*. That way we have one medium rare and and one medium. Every one is happy.

Merry Christmas to all.

Griff

Actually on that day my wife has told me its traditional she does it all in the kitchen, now New Years I am doing a 12 lb brisket I got at Sams.

brian j said:
i hope i don't f#@k it up. :shock:

Brian, hope you should have checked the Giant Sales Circular first. Choice rib roasts are on sale for $4.99lb. [smilie=sorry.gif]

Anyways, I'm going to get mine tomorrow, so that's what we're having. Along with roasted garlic redskin mashed taters, brocolli casserole and of course New Castles!

Our tradition is to not cook on xmass....we just graze of sammies...more time to play with the toys...we will have the ham I'm smoking, the polish sausage freash and smoked..and cold turkey sammies...

Brunch type buffet with BB's, ham, and a whole crapload of other food...Doing leftovers from the buffet for dinner

john pen said:
Brunch type buffet with BB's, ham, and a whole crapload of other food...Doing leftovers from the buffet for dinner
John that's an avatar I'd like to sink my teeth into...

more of a brunch type thing here as well. country ham, biscuits, gravy (white and red eye) eggs, ambrosia, sausage, hash browns...then maybe BBs later on the WSM that we're getting dad :)

Turkey breast christmas eve with who knows what sides and roasted pork loin christmas day with who knows what sides.....got the in laws SPENDIN THE NIGHT :shock: christmas eve and then hangin out christmas day......wish me luck

Puff said:
wittdog said:
SteerCrazy said:
Puff said:
OPF'S both days :D

what are OPF's?? :scratch
Well for John Pen it's ususally OPB other peoples beers...
Those too [smilie=banana.gif]

Puff falls into the OPB category as well. Once his diaper bag is empty he hit's other peoples beer too! But he's more than welcome to them anyways! After all I feel sorry for a guy that carrys his beer in a diaper bag!! True story by the way!!! Just ask Cappy, Finney and Woody! :damnfunny

Steak and potato sounds good. I just got a sample of seasoning from Gator.

May pick up some shrimp at Sam's to give Larry's protype another try also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom