Is this where you post leftovers made from pulled pork?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
I didn't know if I should post it here or GB?
But anyway I was talking to a master cook from this forum Monday trying to decide what to make with leftover pulled pork.
After much thought I decided to make something a little different.
Pulled pork meatballs with homemade sauce.
I used my regular meatball recipe spiked with a little parmesan cheese, and chopped pork. Served on (my daughter called them birdnests) Lubelski I found at a Polish market. And some cheese ravioli.

Starting out with the sauce, added chopped pork and Italian sausage to the mix.

Bag o' birdnests

Meatballs added

Kitchen smells real good now

Finito!

The polish spaghetti sounds interesting! What was the texture of the meatballs like? Were there strands of pulled pork or did you fine chop it? That meal looks real good and something I might want to try but the texture of the meatballs have me a little concerned. Did you consider putting ground beef instead of the italian sausage with the meatballs? Sorry for so many questions.

Nick Prochilo said:
The polish spaghetti sounds interesting! What was the texture of the meatballs like? Were there strands of pulled pork or did you fine chop it? That meal looks real good and something I might want to try but the texture of the meatballs have me a little concerned. Did you consider putting ground beef instead of the italian sausage with the meatballs? Sorry for so many questions.
The polish spaghetti was different. The instructions were in Polish how to cook it. It said boil in low boiling water for 2 min. It was aldente but very good. I didn't add the fact that I used ground chuck with the "chopped " pork (Sorry :oops: ) in the meatballs. I cooked the Italian sausage seperatly and put it in with the sauce along with strands of pulled pork.
Instead of frying the meatballs in a pan, I cooked them in the oven.(big difference). Texture was perfect!

Finney wrote:
Oh no........... Poof Balls!!!!!! Embarassed

Look good buddy. Wink

Wrong room, just wrong.

Poof the magick dragon,
Lives in van,
Frolics on the internet,
in a land call Detroitee!

DATsBBQ said:
Finney wrote:
Oh no........... Poof Balls!!!!!! Embarassed

Look good buddy. Wink

Wrong room, just wrong.

Poof the magick dragon,
Lives in van,
Frolics on the internet,
in a land call Detroitee!
Nice song James :roll:

Well aint even total sure whut is pushed/pulled pork let alone with whut to do with the remainder. Could somebody give a brudder a leg up here? If this is similar to a mushy brisket I am gettting the drift but aint quite entergetic enough to go about trying to disguise the true nature of the the beast enough to trick somebody into eating it. Sounds sorta labor intensive to me. Thanks.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well aint even total sure whut is pushed/pulled pork let alone with whut to do with the remainder. Could somebody give a brudder a leg up here? If this is similar to a mushy brisket I am gettting the drift but aint quite entergetic enough to go about trying to disguise the true nature of the the beast enough to trick somebody into eating it. Sounds sorta labor intensive to me. Thanks.

bigwheel
It's not about disguising the nature of the beast.
It's about how it tastes after the labor intensive work that goes into the "de beasting ;) "

Puff said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel
It's about how it tastes after the labor intensive work that goes into the "de beasting ;) "

[smilie=a_whyme.gif] Whatever B.W.,.......... looks good puff.........always wanted to pick up some of those birds nests pasta's......looks good brother!!

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Puff said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

[smilie=a_whyme.gif] Whatever B.W.,.......... looks good puff.........always wanted to pick up some of those birds nests pasta's......looks good brother!!
Thanks o' poster of sence making ;)

Thanks Griff!
It seems when one has a lull in work activity, one can be pretty inventive when it comes to dinner ;)

Puff, that was simply amazing brother! Gotta hand it to you, you have a great imagination! I've gotta give that a try!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom