Cranberry Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Every year I say I want to make fresh cranberry sauce, but never do. This year I'm gonna say it again. If anyone has a recipe for fresh cranberry sauce, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Larry,

I did a google for CRANBERRY SAUCE, it responded with over 10 pages of recipes.

I read a few and they all seem good, different spices, different textures, not knowing what you're looking for, you might want to check them out.

Bruce B said:
Larry,

I did a google for CRANBERRY SAUCE, it responded with over 10 pages of recipes.

I read a few and they all seem good, different spices, different textures, not knowing what you're looking for, you might want to check them out.

I did the google thing too, but I trust you guys opinions and recipes more than on google. I thought maybe someone would have a recipe they've been using for years and years and would like to have shared.

I make this one every year. Thats quite a few Christmas get togethers.

We like the taste and texture.

1-1/2 C sugar
1 navel orange
4 C cranberries
1/2 C toasted slivered almonds

Zest the rind from the orange. Squeeze out juice.
Add rind juice sugar and cranberries to a pot. Bring to a boil. Then simmer until they pop about 5 minutes total.

Pour into a bowl and when cool top with the slivered toasted almonds.

If you like a more jelly consistency add one package of granulated gelatin

ScottyDaQ said:
I just use one on the back of the package of frozen cranberries, but I add whiskey at the end. 8)
Except for the whiskey, I'm with Scotty. I really like the taste and texture of cranberries, and to me, extra stuff just gets in the way.

--John 8)

Ocean Spray said:
FRESH CRANBERRY SAUCE

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 12-ounce package Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries

DIRECTIONS:

Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate until serving time. Makes 2 1/4 cups.

Diva Q said:
I make this one every year. Thats quite a few Christmas get togethers.

We like the taste and texture.

1-1/2 C sugar
1 navel orange
4 C cranberries
1/2 C toasted slivered almonds

Zest the rind from the orange. Squeeze out juice.
Add rind juice sugar and cranberries to a pot. Bring to a boil. Then simmer until they pop about 5 minutes total.

Pour into a bowl and when cool top with the slivered toasted almonds.

If you like a more jelly consistency add one package of granulated gelatin
Can this be made a day ahead of time?

yes it can be

a couple of days even better. Just don't do the almonds till th elast minute or they will get soft and rubbery tasting.

Diva Q said:
yes it can be

a couple of days even better. Just don't do the almonds till th elast minute or they will get soft and rubbery tasting.
Thanks Diva :D

I did the recipe from the back of the back, except I used a clementine vs. an orange. I made it this morning in order for it to melt together. I might add something in the morning when I taste it. Thanks everyone for the input!!

Back
Top Bottom