meat loaf in wsm question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Never have Brian, but I would assume it would take a little longer, I wouldn't think much more than a half hour,........... maybe an hour. In mine I find that after about two hours my top and bottom grate are just about the same temp anyways.

I agree with Bruce.

One word of caution for the meatloaf though, is to minimize the amount of smoke you use. Otherwise, smoked meatloaf is fabulous!!

Brian do two....and like the rest of the guys said...it might just take a little longer on the bottom rack..I agree with bruce...in aboot 2 hrs the grates tend to be at the same temp..

brian j said:
griff loaf is on the menu tonight. i also have a butternut squash that i want to cook. i may be able to fit both on top but it'll be close.

I realy want to try Giff Loaf. It is on my "to do" list. By the way, ever take acorn squash and stuff it with sausage. VERY GOOD.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="brian j":hgmzh4le]griff loaf is on the menu tonight. i also have a butternut squash that i want to cook. i may be able to fit both on top but it'll be close.

I realy want to try Giff Loaf. It is on my "to do" list. By the way, ever take acorn squash and stuff it with sausage. VERY GOOD.[/quote:hgmzh4le]

Bill, perhaps you should move that kind of talk to the Blue Room.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":1chdoql3][quote="brian j":1chdoql3]griff loaf is on the menu tonight. i also have a butternut squash that i want to cook. i may be able to fit both on top but it'll be close.

I realy want to try Giff Loaf. It is on my "to do" list. By the way, ever take acorn squash and stuff it with sausage. VERY GOOD.[/quote:1chdoql3]

Bill, perhaps you should move that kind of talk to the Blue Room.[/quote:1chdoql3]

You have been hanging around Larry WAY TOO MUCH Bruce.

I routinely do two 5# meatloafs at a time on my WSM (shaped like giant hburger patties), one on top one on bottom

yeah, it can take a little longer on the bottom, go for an internal temp of at least 175F imo

Well got Griff Loaf on my agenda too. Now whut I cant figger out is Larry giving advice on too much smoke. Whuts up with that?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well got Griff Loaf on my agenda too. Now whut I cant figger out is Larry giving advice on too much smoke. Whuts up with that?

bigwheel

What I mean is that the "ground" meat will absorb much more smoke flavor than a "cut" of meat. So just keep that in mind when smoking a meatloaf.

Back
Top Bottom