tell me about butts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
brex HUT said:
do all butts have the bone in or do i need to find it without . each one at wal-mart had a bone in it .

you can do 'em both ways, the thought of the bone in though might impart more flavor. I started doin butts without the bone cause that's all I could get but I found em with the bone and do em that way. As long as the butt shreds the bone comes right out, it's really no big deal.

I prefer the bone in kind. They seem to cook better. Kinda like a conduction cooker. Takes the heat into the butts.

Bone in all the way! Most of the boneless butt are "butchered" badly and must be tied up with twine to cook correctly. Otherwise you'll have some very dry over cooked small pieces.

Larry Wolfe said:
Bone in all the way! Most of the boneless butt are "butchered" badly and must be tied up with twine to cook correctly. Otherwise you'll have some very dry over cooked small pieces.

I would have to agree with that but the nice thing is that you can get those areas rubbed nicely as well. Gotta watch the temp though, you can have some dry areas. bone in is just easier

I like bone-in...pull the bone to check doneness...

I know there are others here that like a bone in..

Burnt Food Dude said:
I'm not gonna touch this topic. Because I might ask, "Did Lee Ann Whippen have a bone in her butt on the BBQ Championship TV program?" :oops:

I wouldn't want to lower the dignity of this board.

Butt, yes bones are cool. Especially when you want to show off to non-qers. When the bone slides out easily... you get a lot of ohhs and ahhhs.

Hmm, this didn't sound safe either.
Mary mo....shes a vegetarian..she don't like meat but she sure likes the bone.... :D

wittdog said:
Burnt Food Dude said:
I'm not gonna touch this topic. Because I might ask, "Did Lee Ann Whippen have a bone in her butt on the BBQ Championship TV program?" :oops:

Butt, yes bones are cool. Especially when you want to show off to non-qers. When the bone slides out easily... you get a lot of ohhs and ahhhs.

Mary mo....shes a vegetarian..she don't like meat but she sure likes the bone.... :D
I love that song.

Bone in, boneless, who cares. Enhanced, no way.

brian j said:
[quote="Burnt Food Dude":3cq19m4l]I'm not gonna touch this topic. Because I might ask, "Did Lee Ann Whippen have a bone in her butt on the BBQ Championship TV program?" :oops:

i'll go there... who wants to stick their bone into lee ann whippen's butt? :shock:[/quote:3cq19m4l]
:LOL: Whippen butts :LOL: :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom