This Weekend's Menu 10/13 to 10/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LowRent

Senior Cook
Tomorrow I'm going to take a chicken breast, fillet it, and then wrap it around a mixture of cheese, diced onion, diced jalapeno, & minced garlic. I'm going to take that concoction & wrap it with bacon. I'll grill over low direct heat. I saw this on Anthony Bordain's No Reservations show. Anyone want pics?

HFD26 said:
I would like to try a tri-tip roast, but they are not popular in the Houston area and are hard to find and expensive. The closest place to find one is Austin, and next is California.

Tri-tip is nearly unheard of here in Birmingham. I can find it only at Costco, which is where I buy meat anyway. That said, for reasons unclear to me they insist on slicing every one of 'em up into strips! I have to ask for one not sliced... and sometimes the employees won't give it to me without a manager around. Unbelievable.

So, if you have a Costco, might be something to check out.

Friday night is pizza night. Saturday is up in the air, I'll probably grill something. Sunday me and my wife are going wine tasting. We're gonna make an entire day of it.

HFD26 said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Friday night is pizza night. Saturday is up in the air, I'll probably grill something. Sunday me and my wife are going wine tasting. We're gonna make an entire day of it.

I remember when I was a kid back in the 50's all the men at the Italian Festival would walk around drinking wine out of the bottle. Now that's what I call wine tasting. :LOL: :LOL: Saturday you might want to grill some Italian sausages served on a bun with fire grilled peppers and onions. That ought to get ya ready for Sunday's wine tasting.

You may be on to something here!

Nick Prochilo said:

same here , Friday is pizza/movie night with the kids. My wife already did the wine tasting, theres a liquor store next to the pizza place and she had her share of samples before the pie was even cooked. gotta 8 pound butt on the smoke that should be done and rested in time for lunch tomorrow

HFD26 said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Spatchcock chicken tonight with Finney Rub and Chucks tomorrow or Sunday!

Ok Larry, tell me, what is a Spatchcock chicken? I just might want to try it sometime. It may be something I could turn in for the open catetory at next weekend's cookoff.

Pretty much like what Nick said. You cut the back bone and the breast carteledge out. That way it lays flat.

I'm going to smoke 4 butts on the WSM eartly Sunday morning (3 AM) to have them ready by 3 PM I hope. I'll be gone to church between 8 AM and 11 AM but the wife should be here to keep the house from burning (it will be her family's get together). I do like how the WSM can cook by itself.

Larry Wolfe said:
HFD26 said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1xyj35ct]Spatchcock chicken tonight with Finney Rub and Chucks tomorrow or Sunday!

Ok Larry, tell me, what is a Spatchcock chicken? I just might want to try it sometime. It may be something I could turn in for the open catetory at next weekend's cookoff.

Pretty much like what Nick said. You cut the back bone and the breast carteledge out. That way it lays flat.[/quote:1xyj35ct]

Cook that bad boy on grill, indirect with a cookie sheet over the top of it with a couple of bricks to weight it down and you have a turbo cooked chicken.

Big cooking weekend here today...have a company party tomorrow
at my boss's house on the Intracoastal Waterway.
Doing 4 racks of bb's today to heat up tomorrow.
Then tomorrow, 3 bb chickens, a large amount of roadside
chicken, scallops in prosciutto on maple planks, and salmon
on cedar planks.

Now I'm thinking I'm going to give the salmon a light rub
of honey dijon, then top with crushed french fried onions.
Then sprinkle some lemon butter on top of that.

45 degrees here this morning...great weekend for cooking.

Captain Morgan said:
Big cooking weekend here today...have a company party tomorrow
at my boss's house on the Intracoastal Waterway.
Doing 4 racks of bb's today to heat up tomorrow.
Then tomorrow, 3 bb chickens, a large amount of roadside
chicken, scallops in prosciutto on maple planks, and salmon
on cedar planks.

Now I'm thinking I'm going to give the salmon a light rub
of honey dijon, then top with crushed french fried onions.
Then sprinkle some lemon butter on top of that.

45 degrees here this morning...great weekend for cooking.

By jeez, I wish I worked for that company! Sounds great Cappy, good luck!

Working all weekend and the wife and kids went to Rochester to visit my sister...

Had loaded Tacos last night, cooking some home made sausage and rib scraps in some leftover tomato salad thats been in the fridge and having that over macaroni...tommarrows still up in the air..

Since nobody had a decent price on spare ribs this week, I've got 4 beer-butt chickens going. I got them on just in time to sit down and watch the Pack pi$$ away their game against Wake. [smilie=a_furious.gif]

The wife's away for the weekend so the only thing that's on the menu so far is Stoli wrapped in Absolute. Followed by a slab of skirt steak coated with a generous amount of WOLFE BOLD to be cooked over a red hot bed of Wicked Good Lump !!!!!!!

To be followed by a generous amount of Absolute wrapped with a layer of Stoli.

Al (I Think)

Uncle Al said:
The wife's away for the weekend so the only thing that's on the menu so far is Stoli wrapped in Absolute. ....
To be followed by a generous amount of Absolute wrapped with a layer of Stoli.

Al (I Think)

A man after my own heart... :LOL:

My daughter cooked last night. She made some orange chicken that you just warm in the oven and toss in the sauce, along with macaroni and cheese, and some leftover corn.

Tonight, I'm making a pork roast stuffed with apple pie filling and croutons along with rutabagas, corn we put up this summer, and potato salad.

Tomorrow is still up in the air!

Cooking a ham Sunday after work. Wife is on her way to Taco Bell for dinner tonight :oops:

Back
Top Bottom