Stay away, stay far far away!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I ordered a WSM for my brother on 17 September 2006 from the www.grilldoctor.com . I chose the 2nd day air as the shipping option. I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail by the expected delivery date, so I e-mailed them on 19 September 2006. I received an e-mail back from them saying the WSM's were on back order and they expected them at the end of the week or the beginning of the following week. By 26 Septemeber, my brother still had not received the WSM so I sent them another e-mail. Got another reply saying they would be in this week and they would send them out ASAP. By the 29th I still had not heard from the Grill Doctor I sent them an e-mail asking had the WSM's come in yet. I never heard back from them in response to my e-mail, so I called them Monday morning on, 2 September 2006. I spoke with Aleck, he said they were in and they would be sent out Next Day Air. Well the 4th of October rolled around and still no WSM. I called them back and spoke to a woman this time, she said they still had not received the WSM's. I explained to her Aleck told me they were in and it was being shipped out 2 days ago. She put me on hold and Aleck got on the phone. I asked why he lied to me, he said he didn't. I said you told me the WSM's were in and it would be shipped out 2 days ago. He apologized and guaranteed me that it would be shipped out Friday and my brother would receive it Saturday. So I check my e-mail this morning to check to see if there is a tracking # or something. To my surprise, NOTHING. I call and talk to Aleck again, he said they didn't come in. I asked what happened to my guarantee????????? And proceeded to pretty much tell him what I thought of him. I asked to speak to a manager, he said he was the manager. I said you've gotta be phucking kidding me. Now his story is they will be in Monday..........

Bottomline is www.grilldoctor.com has a very good price for the WSM's but they're a bunch of phucking liars that I will never recommend or do business with them in the future and would steer anyone away from them that is suckered in by their price.

This is a total crock of crap

You would think with their price they would keep more of those in stock. I ordered a 2nd wsm from them, had to wait for it but it arrived ok.

Nothin like someone givin ya a line of bull and thinkin you're not as smart as they think you are and will not bother to follow up.

So how do you really feel about them?? :LOL:

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
You would think with their price they would keep more of those in stock. I ordered a 2nd wsm from them, had to wait for it but it arrived ok.

Nothin like someone givin ya a line of bull and thinkin you're not as smart as they think you are and will not bother to follow up.

So how do you really feel about them?? :LOL:

I don't mind the fact that it's on backorder, I HATE LIARS though.

That really sucks larry!
When I ordered my back in July (I think) mine was on back order for 2-3 weeks.

Chris

Did you tell them you were going to rape them on this forum? Also, why not ask four your money back at that point...you know they will not be in on Monday don't you??

Greg Rempe said:
Did you tell them you were going to rape them on this forum? Also, why not ask four your money back at that point...you know they will not be in on Monday don't you??

I thought about that, but that would be the easy way out plus anywhere else would cost quite a bit more than $179 w/free shipping.

brian j said:
i bought my second wsm from them when they first started advertising them at $179 and it shipped right away. when i was in the market for my third i tried to buy from them again but for over a month they kept telling me they were back ordered and would be in "next week". eventually amazon was selling them for $199 w/free shipping and so i bought it from them. with shipping the price was only a few $ more.

Damn Brian, wish I would have known that before!!

Hey Larry..thanks for that heads up on them crooks. I marking them off my short list of potential ordering sites. Think its great to get this kinda info disseminated.

bighweel

wdroller said:
Larry Wolfe said:
I ordered a WSM for my brother on 17 September 2006 from the www.grilldoctor.com . I chose the 2nd day air as the shipping option. I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail by the expected delivery date, so I e-mailed them on 19 September 2006. I received an e-mail back from them saying the WSM's were on back order and they expected them at the end of the week or the beginning of the following week. By 26 Septemeber, my brother still had not received the WSM so I sent them another e-mail. Got another reply saying they would be in this week and they would send them out ASAP. By the 29th I still had not heard from the Grill Doctor I sent them an e-mail asking had the WSM's come in yet. I never heard back from them in response to my e-mail, so I called them Monday morning on, 2 September 2006. I spoke with Aleck, he said they were in and they would be sent out Next Day Air. Well the 4th of October rolled around and still no WSM. I called them back and spoke to a woman this time, she said they still had not received the WSM's. I explained to her Aleck told me they were in and it was being shipped out 2 days ago. She put me on hold and Aleck got on the phone. I asked why he lied to me, he said he didn't. I said you told me the WSM's were in and it would be shipped out 2 days ago. He apologized and guaranteed me that it would be shipped out Friday and my brother would receive it Saturday. So I check my e-mail this morning to check to see if there is a tracking # or something. To my surprise, NOTHING. I call and talk to Aleck again, he said they didn't come in. I asked what happened to my guarantee????????? And proceeded to pretty much tell him what I thought of him. I asked to speak to a manager, he said he was the manager. I said you've gotta be phucking kidding me. Now his story is they will be in Monday..........

Bottomline is www.grilldoctor.com has a very good price for the WSM's but they're a bunch of phucking liars that I will never recommend or do business with them in the future and would steer anyone away from them that is suckered in by their price.

This is a total crock of crap

But, did you cancel your order?

I haven't yet...........

Well the funny part of this is..had this problemo surfaced over on the Widder Basso's list for example and one of his "advertisers" had give a person a royal screwin...anybody who nagged woulda got immediately deleted along with the entire thread which accompanied it along with any posts from unfortunant souls who was the least bit sympathetic to the screwing their pals took. How do folks like that sleep at night? I will give you a clue. They dont. They hang out 24/7 with the middle finger hovering over the delete key. Sure glad this place aint like that. When somebody takes a hit I like to hear of it. Think I headed over to Bassos place to give him a piece of my mind right now.

bigwheel

Cliff H. said:
I hope I get a WSM before Larry's brother does. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom