Sirloin a la Finney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All

I used Finney's rub, and it came out great, a nice nutritious blend of natures goodness. A great mix of spices, and I can't wait to try it on butts. I'm using the other one one ribs this weekend. Thanks Finney!

Whew that do look good. You musta had a real nice hot hot fire going on that one. Kindly clues us in on the heat source and how long did it take etc. Thanks.

bigwheel

I used Finney's rub, and it came out great, a nice nutritious blend of natures goodness. A great mix of spices, and I can't wait to try it on butts. I'm using the other one one ribs this weekend. Thanks Finney![/quote]

bigwheel said:
Whew that do look good. You musta had a real nice hot hot fire going on that one. Kindly clues us in on the heat source and how long did it take etc. Thanks.

bigwheel
Full chimney of Kingfords on the One Touch Gold, with a chuck of apple. Put the grate on, and leave the cover off. I don't cover when I'm doing steaks. Just a couple minutes each side. Just long enough to go inside and stir the spuds. :)

CRAW said:
That 4th picture is MONEY! Nice job!!!

Like that eh?
HINT for picture takers:
Most cameras have a "Macro" mode. Check your manual on how to get to it, but it's usually represented by a flower icon. Great for nice, warm closeups...usually without flash, so make sure the ambient light is high.

Nick Prochilo said:
Nice job Scotty! That was rub #1?

Yes. I gave it a nice even coat on both sides on a near room temperature steak, patted it in, and let it sit in the fridge for about, 30 minutes while the chimney got roaring. I dumped the chimney, let the grate get hot, and threw it on.
I dunno what it was, but Finney's rub has some nice "vegetable" undertones....dunno how to really describe it. Good stuff.

I still have Finney #1, I think it would be great on a Butt.

Steak looked great Q' man ;)

Well I used to not slam the lid on my steaks but all the grilling exspurts I bees conferring with around here say to close it so I been doing it like that here lately. Course I am mostly an evil old gasser operator these days. How far can a person sink into depravity afore that pop out on the udder side?

bigwheel

[/quote]
Full chimney of Kingfords on the One Touch Gold, with a chuck of apple. Put the grate on, and leave the cover off. I don't cover when I'm doing steaks. Just a couple minutes each side. Just long enough to go inside and stir the spuds. :)[/quote]

ScottyDaQ said:
pict0832bi0.jpg

Finally got a chance to looked at the full sized pics. Wow. Great looking steak Scotty.

Back
Top Bottom