Butts, Chucks n Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
Well I had requests for Butts, and Ribs.....Had a chuck in the freezer I thought I would try the wolfe bold on...

Did 2 butts, both with a mustard slather and 1 with Smokin Guns Rub and another with Oklahoma Joe's Rub

Pulled out the Chuck, mustard slather and coated it nice with Wolfe Rub Bold

Did 4 slabs of ribs, these particular ribs got Rev Marv's plus Wolfe Rub Original. About 30 min before I pulled 'em, I glazed 1 with Pineapple Habanaro Jelly, left the other 3 racks dry.

Conclusion,
all 3 dry racks were very moist and tender, I considered doing to 3-2-1 method but I have never foiled my ribs, and considering I prepare them dry, I preferred the slight crust on em.

The Wolfe Bold is awesome, and the heat stays with you. Not too sweet, little salty to taste but most of the salt taste was cut after the cook. I would not coat something as heavy with Wolfe Bold as I would with Wolfe Original but all in all a great rub. Can't wait to get more!

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Great pics. I need to try some chuck on the smoker some time. Try the Bold on steak. YUMMY.

I would have but I used it all on the chuck.... [smilie=a_cry.gif]

sounds like 3 of my favorite things. I gotta check in the deep freeze and see what I need to cook.

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Well I had requests for Butts, and Ribs.....Had a chuck in the freezer I thought I would try the wolfe bold on...

Hey Larry when is the bold rub coming out , cause you know I am gonna order some LOL!!!

WalterSC said:
Man's Best Friend BBQ said:

Hey Larry when is the bold rub coming out , cause you know I am gonna order some LOL!!!

Walter I thought it would be ready now. Things are happening slower than anticipated. I hope by Nov. it'll be ready.

Larry Wolfe said:
WalterSC said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":rfok9u4i]Well I had requests for Butts, and Ribs.....Had a chuck in the freezer I thought I would try the wolfe bold on...

Walter I thought it would be ready now. Things are happening slower than anticipated. I hope by Nov. it'll be ready.
[/quote:rfok9u4i]

Cool might have to make myself a birthday present and get some for myself will probably be out of the last order I got by then , Heheheh..

Back
Top Bottom