Ok, finally had the 'pastrami' sammitch!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unbelievable! Try to joke about how someone who always turns a disaster into a winner and they get mad at me... :?

chuck it into a lowly crock pot with just a bit of water in the bottom and lo and behold, the next morning it is GLORIOUS! Moist and oh so tender.
great job Suzan, out of the box thinking ... I guess it just needed a little more low and slow ..... I can't wait to try some corned beef or pastrami

I have a really hard time finding brisket BUT I can find uncooked corned beef where the brisket is prepackaged in brine. They are a bit expensive but maybe I will try throwing a couple of those on. While I'm in Motnreal here I've been sampling Montreal smoked meat and it's easing the q withdrawls.

Shawn

I too bow to you as I was a doubter also :prayer: . I'm gonna do 2 this weekend and I'm thinking of doing them just like a brisket. I always foil my briskets @ 170* at then take them to 195 - 200. I'l let everybody know how it turns out with this method!

Suze!! Good Save!!!! I'll try that there mandoline idear on tonights impending corned boef!

Ya mean I bought my slicer for nuttin?

I still like it...them sliding sharp things are an emergency room trip waiting to happen in this household!

But I like the steam idea...might play around with that next week!

Okay, jusy finished my pastrami sandwiches. I threw 2 corned beefs on this morning at 3:30 AM. At 7:30 AM the smaller one was at 165*, so I wrapped it in foil with a little cranberry juice (it's all I had around!). I went to church, came home at 10:15 and the other one was 165*, so I wrapped it! 12:45 PM and both were at 195*, so I took them off the WSM and put them in the fridge! I got home tonight at 8:00 and made me a ruben. The meat was as tender and juicy as could be. I tried slicing the meat on my mandoline but NO way was that happening! So I sliced the larger one with a knife with extremly thin slices. I food saved the other 1 for a later date. I had soaked both corned beefs the night before and there was no salty flavor to them at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom