scallops again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
The local store where I buy fish has had huge scallops on sale for $7.99/lb. So I wrapped some in prosciutto and grilled them tonight. I put a beer bottle in the pic so you could see that these really are hockey puck sized scallops. Except hockey pucks are thinner.

Griff

Wow. The ones you grilled this summer were some of the best I've ever eaten.

78877619-S.jpg

These are just plain astonishing!

scal1hy0.jpg

--John 8)

Griff

Waz them scallops ...or stamped and cut fish cheeks?

Could you identify the scallop rings in each scallop...or was it just a consistent texture to the meat?

Last time I got scallops that big, they waz fish cheek meat....... almost near as good tasting as a scallop... but they shouldn't carry the same price.

Smokey_Joe said:
Griff

Could you identify the scallop rings in eack scallop...or was it just a consistent texture to the meat?

Last time I got scallops that big, they waz fish cheek meat....... almost near as good tasting as a scallop... but they shouldn't carry the same price.

I can see abductors... SCALLOP! :LOL:

Smokey_Joe said:
Griff

Could you identify the scallop rings in eack scallop...or was it just a consistent texture to the meat?

Joe, they were scallops. Trust me on this one. Several times when I was in Yakutat, Alaska I was lucky enough to buy fresh scallops off a dragger just in from the Gulf of Alaska and I know scallops when I see one. They do get that big. Also, halibut cheecks are one of my favorites and they have a different texture than scallops.

Griff

Smokey_Joe said:
I'm believin' ya Griff, things do grow BIG up North........ I'd love to see their shells tho, they must be the size of car hubcaps.....

g'day Griff,

never seen scallops like that, but we love em here. anyone ship them over the internet?

Back
Top Bottom