My Father

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WalterSC

Head Chef
Thank you for all yalls kind words and thoughts and everything elese for my Father. We got the news today back from Florida that he does not have to have stints after all, they think angioplasty is gonna fix him right up , had a scare when the gave him a tranqillizer to keep him calm , he went to sleep an they had a hard time waking him up. He woke up smiling and told the nurse " leave me alone all I wanted was a nic nap."
Again thanks for the support from all yall it helped more than I can say.

Great news Walter!!

lets see, Cappy cooks with Walter, gets first place.

Cappy tries again without Walter, doesn't get top 10....hmmmmm.

Need you back, big boy.

Captain Morgan said:
Great news Walter!!

Need you back, big boy.

Well you might get the long awaited call to come have some fun with me. The day after Niki and I got back we had a neighbor and his wife and baby at our house , he wants to start a BBQ comp team here in Denmark and wants me to lead the way , he is willing to go in half on everythig including a new stainless steel gas cooker , he has the trucks and trailers to get everything were it needs to go and help to get everything set up ahead of time , his family runs a trucking company . Needless to say I am flattered by his comments and am thinking about it as we speak. We already have 2 sponsors my family business and his grandparents trucking company . I have been waiting for something like that for a long time . So we shall see what happens who knows what may come of this.

Great news about you dad! I am sure you are all feeling quite relieved.

Best of luck on the comp team!

WalterSC said:
Captain Morgan said:
Great news Walter!!

Need you back, big boy.

Well you might get the long awaited call to come have some fun with me. The day after Niki and I got back we had a neighbor and his wife and baby at our house , he wants to start a BBQ comp team here in Denmark and wants me to lead the way , he is willing to go in half on everythig including a new stainless steel gas cooker , he has the trucks and trailers to get everything were it needs to go and help to get everything set up ahead of time , his family runs a trucking company . Needless to say I am flattered by his comments and am thinking about it as we speak. We already have 2 sponsors my family business and his grandparents trucking company . I have been waiting for something like that for a long time . So we shall see what happens who knows what may come of this.

My friend, nothing would make me more proud than to help you get your own team....we all get better with the help of friends,....Jack W, Finney, Larry, and Rev Marvin are but a few who have helped me in the comp world. Let me know whatever you need. Still working on getting Garland
to make the move, and I think he's about ready.

Still, the best news is about your father. I am so happy for you and your family.

My friend, nothing would make me more proud than to help you get your own team....we all get better with the help of friends,....Jack W, Finney, Larry, and Rev Marvin are but a few who have helped me in the comp world. Let me know whatever you need. Still working on getting Garland
to make the move, and I think he's about ready.

Still, the best news is about your father. I am so happy for you and your family.[/quote]

Been a long time waiting for this to happen I wont count my chickens before they hatch , but i may just be calling on ya bud just dont know when . I need to finish my run for master judge as well. But you are right the news of my father far out shadows anything the BBQ world could ever offer me.

That do be some good news Walter. Guess I fell a little behind on the thread but putting Dad on the top of my prayer list as we speak.

bigwheel

WalterSC said:
Thank you for all yalls kind words and thoughts and everything elese for my Father. We got the news today back from Florida that he does not have to have stints after all, they think angioplasty is gonna fix him right up , had a scare when the gave him a tranqillizer to keep him calm , he went to sleep an they had a hard time waking him up. He woke up smiling and told the nurse " leave me alone all I wanted was a nic nap."
Again thanks for the support from all yall it helped more than I can say.

bigwheel said:
That do be some good news Walter. Guess I fell a little behind on the thread but putting Dad on the top of my prayer list as we speak.

bigwheel

Just to let yall know just how much of a tough guy my 87 year old father is he has told us he is going to Las Vegas with friends leaving this morning , what a guy and my hero no doubt!!!! His quote he aint sttting around gathering moss he is going to enjoy himself to the extreme , I told him go for it !!!!

Back
Top Bottom