Griff loaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Wanted to try something different today.
Griff loaf it is :D

Does anyone know how long it takes?It didn't say in the recipe.

wittdog said:
Puff if your cooking it at the higher temp that is recomended..I would say 2.5-3 hrs....
I'm keeping it at 250. That high temp will do bad things to the paint my firebox :eek:

Puff said:
Wanted to try something different today.
Griff loaf it is :D

Does anyone know how long it takes?It didn't say in the recipe.

How big is the loaf Puff? Pull it when it gets to 165* in the center.

Puff, I also usually go hotter but I'm with Larry -- probably 2.5 to 3 hours. I'm anxious to hear what you think of it. My favorite part is the sandwiches the next day.

Griff

Griff said:
Puff, I also usually go hotter but I'm with Larry -- probably 2.5 to 3 hours. I'm anxious to hear what you think of it. My favorite part is the sandwiches the next day.

Griff
It's my first time trying it, can't wait 8-[

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Finney said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":1990ycmw]Looks like a big hunk of ground beef....what's in that thing?? 8-[
It's a big hunk of ground beef. Your people call it MEATLOAF.

MY
people?? You mean intellects and non wise as*ess?[/quote:1990ycmw]
Not exactly what I meant... but we can use that for now. :D

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:35 pm Post subject: Griffs meatloaf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the meatloaf recipe:

1/2 cup bread crumbs (I use Progresso Italian)
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup onions, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1.5 pounds ground beef
1 pound Jimmy Dean Hot sausage
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
5 or 6 dashes of Worchestershire
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Saute the diced onions in the oil until they turn golden (about 10 minutes). Soak the bread crumbs in the milk for a couple minutes. Mix everything together and form into loaf. I smoke the loaf on a piece of parchment paper cut as close to the size of the loaf as possible. With the WSM that allows all the grease to drain into the water pan and the smoke penetrates the bottom of the loaf making a smoke ring there as well. I smoke at 300-350* until the loaf hits 170-175*. Sometimes I put a red sauce (ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard to taste) on top for the last half hour or so.

The best part of meatloaf are the sandwiches made with the leftovers.

Griff

Pulled the loaf at 165, let it rest about 20min.(that's as long as I could wait 8-[ )
I also coated the loaf with a mixture of ketchup, mustard, and dark brown sugar 1 hr before I took it off. I tried a piece of it and i'll tell what Mr. Griff. This recipe is in my collection now =D> Outstanding!
I can't wait till it cools off enough for sammies =P~
Did a little Polish sausage too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom