Turkey Breast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
Been searchin on the site for a Boneless Turkey Breast to smoke but cannot seem to find one. Anyone smoked a boneless turkey breast? Smoke times, temps, rubs etc would be helpful
Thanks!

I've always done bone in....but I cook turkey hotter than regualr Q...about 275* grate rub the breast down with some oil and some seasonings I like poultry seasoing, garlic powder and onion powder,,,,put a pan under the turkey to catch the drippings and use as a mop if you like....I like to use cherry to cook fowl..it gives it a nice color...If you want put some chicken stock in the pan with an onion add some water and some seasoning and use that as a mop

wittdog said:
I've always done bone in....but I cook turkey hotter than regualr Q...about 275* grate rub the breast down with some oil and some seasonings I like poultry seasoing, garlic powder and onion powder,,,,put a pan under the turkey to catch the drippings and use as a mop if you like....I like to use cherry to cook fowl..it gives it a nice color...If you want put some chicken stock in the pan with an onion add some water and some seasoning and use that as a mop

Yeah, somewhere else I read to smoke it between 275* - 325*
Any idea on final internal temp? Plan to use cherry and apple wood, didnt think about mopping but that sounds good.

wittdog said:
I would say between 165*-170* internal.....apple and cherry is a good mix for turkey

sounds good.....I'll throw her on the wsm with no water pan to spike the temps, should probably take about 3-4 hours I'm guessin, anyway thanks for the info...

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Been searchin on the site for a Boneless Turkey Breast to smoke but cannot seem to find one. Anyone smoked a boneless turkey breast? Smoke times, temps, rubs etc would be helpful
Thanks!

The most important thing no matter how you cook it, is to not over cook it. I pull my turkey breast around 163* internal temp, then light tent with foil and let rest and cool before slicing. Fruit wood if you have any will be great with turkey! Good luck!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":1t9z46pf]Been searchin on the site for a Boneless Turkey Breast to smoke but cannot seem to find one. Anyone smoked a boneless turkey breast? Smoke times, temps, rubs etc would be helpful
Thanks!

The most important thing no matter how you cook it, is to not over cook it. I pull my turkey breast around 163* internal temp, then light tent with foil and let rest and cool before slicing. Fruit wood if you have any will be great with turkey! Good luck![/quote:1t9z46pf]

Thanks, would this be good with some wolfe rub on it before smoking??

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2vulcqx6][quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":2vulcqx6]Been searchin on the site for a Boneless Turkey Breast to smoke but cannot seem to find one. Anyone smoked a boneless turkey breast? Smoke times, temps, rubs etc would be helpful
Thanks!

The most important thing no matter how you cook it, is to not over cook it. I pull my turkey breast around 163* internal temp, then light tent with foil and let rest and cool before slicing. Fruit wood if you have any will be great with turkey! Good luck![/quote:2vulcqx6]

Thanks, would this be good with some wolfe rub on it before smoking??[/quote:2vulcqx6]

Of course!! Wolfe Rub makes everything taste better! 8-[

wittdog said:
How is the cook coming..what did you decide to do with the Turkey

I decided to get the turkey breast but also picked up some wings and drumettes for some wolfe wings..... :) wife didn't want the turkey so I decided to throw it in the freeze and do the wings....post and pics coming

Back
Top Bottom