College football

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helen_Paradise

Head Chef
If you had your choice of seeing any ONE of the games below...which would you choose. I like college football, just don't know what the best option would be? A friend of a friend has season tickets.

Sat 09/16/06 Nebraska L.A. Coliseum ABC 5:00 PM
Sat 10/07/06 Washington L.A. Coliseum TBA
Sat 10/14/06 Arizona State L.A. Coliseum ABC 5:00 PM
Sat 11/11/06 Oregon (Homecoming) L.A. Coliseum FSN 7:15 PM
Sat 11/18/06 California L.A. Coliseum ABC 5:00 PM
Sat 11/25/06 Notre Dame L.A. Coliseum ABC 5:00 PM

For the record, big UCLA fan. Sorry, Thom!

Greg Rempe said:
I would go see a Buckeye game before any of those listed, Helen! :eek:

I am game for it... you have a spare bed? Extra ticket? We'll take your 3 noise makers and go for it. :razz:

Big Mike said:
Out of those, I would have to say the Notre Dame game. They are the best of the teams you listed.

Mike

Notre Dame is in the mix for the Nat. Champ this year it will be SRO

I would pick:

But then I am an ASU fan! But regardless it should be a great game!! :D :D

Save your money and gety the NFL ticket on satelite...that way you can watch the Broncos kick some Michigan a$$ :grin: tomorrow.

DATsBBQ said:
Save your money and gety the NFL ticket on satelite...that way you can watch the Broncos kick some Michigan a$$ :grin: tomorrow.
I think what you meant to say was.. the Bronco's will kiss some Michigan a$$ :!:

Now this is just a preseason game, and the first for both of these teams. The Broncos ( 13-3) AFC west champs 2006 :grin: Vs the mighty Lions (5-11), looks about even to me. The Lions might even win it since the most of the players we'll see Friday night don't stand a snow balls chance in hades of making their the roster of thier respective teams. But Mike Shannahan has a nack of winning preseason games (and most post season games). If the Lions can get past CHItown and the Vikes, we might see you in the big one at the end of it all.

Sorry Puff, but your Superbowl dreams are just (very damp) 8-[ dreams, at least this year :!:

If you pick Notre Dame (and I would), say "hi" to one of those gold helmets for me. One of my kids went there and I'm sure I bought several of them.

Griff

OK... Notre Dame it is. It's the one I was really wanting to see. But being the last game of the season for them...USC and ND better have a really good season.

Don't know if any of you ND fans knew this or not, but Ryan Harris was on an MTV show back when he was in high school. True Life: I want the perfect body. Pretty much he just needed to gain pure muscle over the summer. He only gained 10# and was constantly working out and eating. Interesting to see him now.

Funny how none of you said see the Husker game.

Out of those, I would have chosen Notre Dame. Les follows them closely. I am just so sick of hearing about Charlie Weiss. See we only live about 2 hours, if that, from ND so our local news is from South Bend. I swear when they talk sports, they have to have him on there. The worst was when he sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" at a Cubs game. OMG, he needs to stick to football........NOT singing!

I am a big UGA fan myself!

Helen_Paradise said:
If you had your choice of seeing any ONE of the games below...which would you choose. I like college football, just don't know what the best option would be? A friend of a friend has season tickets.

Sat 09/16/06 Nebraska L.A. Coliseum ABC 5:00 PM
Sat 10/07/06 Washington L.A. Coliseum TBA
Sat 11/11/06 Oregon (Homecoming) L.A. Coliseum FSN 7:15 PM
Sat 11/18/06 California L.A. Coliseum ABC 5:00 PM
Sat 11/25/06 Notre Dame L.A. Coliseum ABC 5:00 PM

For the record, big UCLA fan. Sorry, Thom!
UCLA game is at the Rose Bowl this year too bad for you
Cal has a very good team this year as well as AZ St.
should be able to hang 40 on most of the rest.

DATsBBQ said:
Now this is just a preseason game, and the first for both of these teams. The Broncos ( 13-3) AFC west champs 2006 :grin: Vs the mighty Lions (5-11), looks about even to me. The Lions might even win it since the most of the players we'll see Friday night don't stand a snow balls chance in hades of making their the roster of thier respective teams. But Mike Shannahan has a nack of winning preseason games (and most post season games). If the Lions can get past CHItown and the Vikes, we might see you in the big one at the end of it all.

Sorry Puff, but your Superbowl dreams are just (very damp) 8-[ dreams, at least this year :!:
A guy can still hope [-o<

Puff qrote:

I wouldn't bet a dollar on a preseason game even if I found that dollar in Rempes pocket :!: Wouldn't surprise me if Detroit came out on top in this one :eek: Pregame show (radio) starts in about 30 minutes. I even bought some Bronco Beer!

Puff said:
DATsBBQ said:

Lions have THE best coach now...Marinelli and I went to the same college.

Back
Top Bottom