Sunday spares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Doing a couple racks today.
One rubbed with Wolfe Rub, and one with a mix I came up with,smoked over Hickory& Apple . I always rub Mustard on the ribs, then the dry rub on top. I'm trying a different kind of Mustard today, anxious to see how it works 8-[

Also picked up a new toy, i'll never miss a NASCAR crash again :D

Cliff H. said:
Looking good Puff. Blue shop towels hold together better that Sparkle on any day, huh. :D
That's one of those plastic mats for cutting, they really work well :!:

I use the French's yellow mustard all the time. I haven't used another mustard but I can't really taste the mustard after smoking the ribs. I'm interested in hearing your results.

Looking good so far.

I make a special brown pale ale mustard mixed with brown sugar and tabasco. I always slather my ribs then add the rub. I also slather my pork butts as well. Turns out great, you can never taste the mustard either. Helps produce a nice bark in combo with the rub.

Some finished pics please...looks great. Where did you pick up the Maverick at...store or on line?

Picked up the Maverick at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I used the coupon that comes in the mail, cost me $33.
These weren't the best ribs I ever cooked. I did the 321 thing.
They were tough & didn't pull away from the bone on the ends at all. I like them in between chewy & falling off the bone. Flavor wasn't bad.

One sauced, one without.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom