5 Day Build ...(Pics added)...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey_Joe

Head Chef
Will try to add some pics of the smoker/bbq I just built in 5 days. Had someone back out of promised
duty of cooking a hog, so I quickly scrambled to build this with backyard scrap.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
===========================================

Sorry it took so long before I posted them, I had some trouble with my "photobucket" transfer.

I also have a bunch while I was building it, if anyone is interested.

Total newbie to BBQ.... I am open to any suggestions and ideas on changing or improving it.

It cooked a 186 lb. hog in about 12 hours with a 1/2 and 1/2 mix of Oak wood and Hickory wood.... took about a wheelbarrow and a 1/2 of wood to do entire cook. First hour kept it at 300* and the rest it sat between 230*-255*. Meat had a beautiful smoke ring and was absolutely delicious.

This was my first build and my first hog...........wouldn't hesitate for a second to do it again.

I appreciate any feedback from any and all..........thank you for your great site from which I pulled ideas for building it.

img_57407_0_b8e69e1ce27ec0c46de988b89a9ab833.jpg

img_57407_1_b5481af530c08b3d8e916f3c05110cb2.jpg

img_57407_2_fe6df1192dc4872fe5285dbb54743db0.jpg

img_57407_3_d9520b52d73bdf1bc6508ea76c57620d.jpg

img_57407_4_c18a6debb308b38f0b040a269741cd58.jpg

img_57407_5_b7cfa77ac59d06b7884e9033dba81b68.jpg

Re: 5 Day Build

Smokey_Joe said:
Will try to add some pics of the smoker/bbq I just built in 5 days. Had someone back out of promised duty of cooking a hog, so I quickly scrambled to build this with backyard scrap.

Shoot, most of the cookers I make are out of backyard scrap. I am not too proud to pull off the side of the road to pick up some scrap metal.

Cant wait to see the pics.

Re: 5 Day Build

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Smokey_Joe":333954la]Will try to add some pics of the smoker/bbq I just built in 5 days. Had someone back out of promised duty of cooking a hog, so I quickly scrambled to build this with backyard scrap.

Shoot, most of the cookers I make are out of backyard scrap. I am not too proud to pull off the side of the road to pick up some scrap metal.

Cant wait to see the pics.[/quote:333954la]

One mans junk is another's treasure!

Chuckwagoncook said:
I know what you mean about backyard scrap, all of my pervious pits have been built that way, this backyard one I use the most know, its an old air compressor tank and misc. metal I had lying around. Only thing brand new on it is the wheels and tires. I have a little over a hundred dollars in the whole shabang!! Oh yeah and the 2 gauges were new

Nice Pit CW!!! I see a tongue on it, how does it tow???

Thanks for adding the pics. Cooker looks great. That is one big ass rotisserie.
I've seen pics of you firebox some where in a post about using a woodstove as a fire box.

If it holds temps the way you want it to, I wouldn't change a thing.

=D> =D> =D>

Smokey_Joe said:
UMMMMMMMMMMMM..........LMAO

yeah that is my 18 year old daughter.....can you believe she posed with it, but wouldn't eat any?
You have a beautiful daughter and I sincerely applogize for starting this tangent thread. :)

Finney said:
The Joker said:
[quote="Smokey_Joe":2mk3u4wu]UMMMMMMMMMMMM..........LMAO

yeah that is my 18 year old daughter.....can you believe she posed with it, but wouldn't eat any?
You have a beautiful daughter and I sincerely applogize for starting this tangent thread. :)
:lmao:[/quote:2mk3u4wu]
Well, I obviously missed something... [-X

The Joker said:
Finney said:
[quote="The Joker":3ub5b7oz][quote="Smokey_Joe":3ub5b7oz]UMMMMMMMMMMMM..........LMAO

:lmao:[/quote:3ub5b7oz]
Well, I obviously missed something... [-X[/quote:3ub5b7oz]

:^o

Back
Top Bottom