Yes Woodman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Yes Woodman I am Qing again today :razz: ….The Mrs. Wanted Pulled Pork and the supply in the freezer is running low so…I put the butts on at 9:30 and at 1:30 they have reached the 165* mark been cooking at 225* grate and 250* dome…..I am using a mix of cherry and hickory wood and just tossed on a couple of homemade Italian sausages that have sun dried tomatoes and fresh Basil in them……….

Yeah the butts looked good...I picked them out...I wasn't going to let you know who....... :grin: She is learning :grin:

Those butts DO look real good as do the sausages. Sam's recently went to Hormel packaged butts and they're all different sizes and too lean for me. Where do you get yours WittDog? BJ's?

I get my butts at BJ's and those butts were...16.36lbs together I didn't # them seperate....they were 1.29 lb

wittdog said:
I get my butts at BJ's and those butts were...16.36lbs together I didn't # them seperate....they were 1.29 lb

I get butts from BJ's as well and have been very happy!

wittdog said:

Impressive, again, nice lookin. I pick my butts up at Costco (No BJ's round here) and have been pretty happy. If I'm in a rush I'll pick em up at the grocery store. I've seen some boneless butts and they are just all over the place, fallin apart....I'll stick to the bone in butts and yes, I did just say that.

Bro' you are one Qin' fool :!:

Now get your'e ass out of bed and post up them pics son 8-[

oompappy said:
Great lookin pork wittdog but don't you get tired of eating
BBQ every day? :grin: :grin: :grin:
Well it's nice to see you again....No I don't get tired of BBQ....IMHO everything tastes better smoked :grin: ....I was going to hold off to do some butts next weekend when we do a dry run for Oinktoberfest but the mrs. wanted some butts :) .......Besides I have everyone at work asking when I'm bringing something in..and we were down to 2 packs of PP in the freezer..and I look at it as good practice for the comp....Ya play like you practice so I have been practicing... :!: It probably won't make a damn bit of a difference but it's like the lotto ya never know.

Nice lookin butts dog....crust looks tasty =P~ Even though I couldnt eat it everyday, I could look at it everyday.

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Nice lookin butts dog....crust looks tasty =P~ Even though I couldnt eat it everyday, I could look at it everyday.
That's for sure! :(

Jeff E said:
[quote="The Joker":kamom1ii]Those butts DO look real good as do the sausages. Sam's recently went to Hormel packaged butts and they're all different sizes and too lean for me. Where do you get yours WittDog? BJ's?

No!!!! I've been getting my butts at Sam's Club since Costco went to boneless. I plan on getting some butts at Sam's this weekend, so I hope they're still good quality.[/quote:kamom1ii]

The costco I go to was exclusive boneless as well but recently they have been having the bone-in butts. Did you talk to the butcher there??

Jeff E said:
[quote="The Joker":m3wpu2zn]Those butts DO look real good as do the sausages. Sam's recently went to Hormel packaged butts and they're all different sizes and too lean for me. Where do you get yours WittDog? BJ's?

No!!!! I've been getting my butts at Sam's Club since Costco went to boneless. I plan on getting some butts at Sam's this weekend, so I hope they're still good quality.[/quote:m3wpu2zn]
I loved it when they had IBP butts. I won't buy butts from them anymore unless they get rid of Hormel !! We've been looking at the BJ's membership packages and might just make the switch. Good Luck Jeff.

The Joker said:
[quote="Jeff E":2y2kjf99][quote="The Joker":2y2kjf99]Those butts DO look real good as do the sausages. Sam's recently went to Hormel packaged butts and they're all different sizes and too lean for me. Where do you get yours WittDog? BJ's?

No!!!! I've been getting my butts at Sam's Club since Costco went to boneless. I plan on getting some butts at Sam's this weekend, so I hope they're still good quality.[/quote:2y2kjf99]
I loved it when they had IBP butts. I won't buy butts from them anymore unless they get rid of Hormel !! We've been looking at the BJ's membership packages and might just make the switch. Good Luck Jeff.[/quote:2y2kjf99]
BJs carries the IBP's...I've been happy with there meats...they get fresh butts and briskets in all the time..and have always been wiling to special order me stuff like fresh hams at the holidays...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom