Anyone Rv ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Anyone do the RV thing..We are starting to shop around for a new to us motorhome and would appreciate any input on what to look for or stay away from ect..

John: What ever you do, Make sure the cooling system is up to snuff! i.e. huge aluminum radiator and high flow water pump, My buds motor home motor (big block Chevy) chucked it's gut's out last year because the temp gauge was not working right. Good luck in your search, BTW are you going to burn up your retirement fund on gasoline? :eek:

Ya, gas is an issue of course, but with the cost of flights and hotels, it appears to be about a wash. We love to travel and haven't been able to do much lately. The kids are tetering on the age where they arent going to want to be with us doing stuff, so hoping to squeeze a year or two out of them...

corndog said:
Check out Trailerlife.com. THey have lots of info there. Also google your heart out. My mom and dad RV full time, although they have a 5th wheel w/ them. They love it...

Ill do that..We are looking at a class A. I found a forum; RV.NET ,thats given me a ton of info with a lot of good folks there...looking at a fall purchase, so still a few months to do homework...I suggested to "lola" that next summer we do a BBQ4U pilgrimage travelling and meeting a bunch of members...

john pen said:
corndog said:
Check out Trailerlife.com. THey have lots of info there. Also google your heart out. My mom and dad RV full time, although they have a 5th wheel w/ them. They love it...

I suggested to "lola" that next summer we do a BBQ4U pilgrimage travelling and meeting a bunch of members...

Hell, there's gonna be a ton of us in your backyard in Sept. for Oinktoberfest.

Why is it that when people start reaching retirement age, Not that John is there, but in General, when people reach the age that thier sight starts to fade, their reflexes ain't what they used to be, they don't hear as well as they used to and they can't stay awake as long as they used to that,
THEN they want to go out and buy a freagin BUS. :grin:

Cliff H. said:
Why is it that when people start reaching retirement age, Not that John is there, but in General, when people reach the age that thier sight starts to fade, their reflexes ain't what they used to be, they don't hear as well as they used to and they can't stay awake as long as they used to that,
THEN they want to go out and buy a freagin BUS. :grin:

Ya man..hopefully one ugly enough to embaress my kids !!

I made a really ugly one to embarass my family!
Actually it it comfortable for the boys and me. The back opens up into a kitchen area.

Cost me about $900 to make and can be towed by just about anything!

Check out this place...as much info on Rv's there as there is for bbq here...and for the most part, the folks are as friendly..

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm

As I said, we're looking for a class A, but am also exploring the idea of buying a bus and converting it ('cause I already dont have enough projects going)....

Green Hornet said:
here is a good place to start for conversions. I looked into an MCI bus last year, but the wifey put the KYBOSH on it! :)
http://users.cwnet.com/~thall/

We've looked at a few class a's in our price range and they havent been to our liking or need to much work. The wife isn't against the bus thing..just worried about the amount of work and also if it would ever get finished (past track record and all)...Have seen a lot of MCI's with decent milage and excellant prices ! THere's also a bunch out there that people have started and abandoned and just want off there property !!

Back
Top Bottom