Cabelas Results...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Just got a call from Uncle Bubba. There were a total of 30 teams...here is how they did:

Brisket: 5th
Pork: 26th
Ribs: 10th
Chicken: 2nd

OVERALL: 9th ... :eek: =D> =D> =D>

Great job guys...looking forward to all of the pics and your thoughts on the event!

Just got home and cleaned up and I thought I would see if any of the guys had called in the results yet.

We had a great weekend with three (3) calls to the stage and two (2) trophies for our team leader Woodman.

I must also send out congratulations to Kloset who along with his son and a former army buddy managed to take a fifth (50 place finish in chicken despite some trying times with his pit, congratulations Dallas and Double D BBQ.

The comp was well run and Cabela's did an excellent job taking care of the teams running ice and water to them upon request. The weather could not have been better and the company of Woodman and Uncle Bubba while downright full of outrageous statements and actions was second to none.

I'd also like to mention the young Puff and his lovely bride who showed up this Saturday about 10:30am to encourage us along, it was great to meet them. I last seen Puff measuring Woody's Klose Pit to see if he could get it around his single-wide into the rear common space. I think he's got the bug.

I will defer any further comments to our team leader upon his return, time to get some rest.

Where da pics???

Congrats to all !! 2nd in chicken is great! Did you burn it again?? :razz:

I'm confused about the pork butt. I tried Bubba's butt :eek: :eek: last year at Oinktoberfest and it was some of the best I've ever had ~ What was different besides the judges?

Seriously, congrats to all !!! =D> =D> =D>

Sorry Bill, I got no pics, had to leave my digital camera at home for the wife and daughter to use this weekend. Woody and Puff were taking pics, I am sure they will be posted, but probably not tonight.

With regard to our score in pork...I'm clueless. We cooked two butts and we tried both of them when they were finished and picked the best one in our opinion's, but...it apparently wasn't good enough.

All I can say is ...AWESOME!
Meeting the guy's and watching them in action was great :grin:
I wish I could have been there the whole time they were cooking!
I learned alot today, one thing the Klose won't fit :-(
I'll have to get a doulble wide :(
I hope the crew doesn't mind if I post some pic's, even though Woody has the best one of him and his special friend :!:

That was three tired dude's at the end of it!

Thanks again for the invite, and for answering every dumb question I had =D> =D>

Thanks for all the kudos. I'm going to keep this short because I am really tired and really in need of a shower. Great comp. It's terrific meeting people from the forum. I will say pork butt cost us the Grand Championship. We were only 14 points from first and our butt scored 26th place. Middle of the pack and we are $2500 richer. Can't dwell on the negative though. Woody FINALLY got his trophy. Congrats to him and also to Kloset and Co. for their 6th place finish in Chicken and 14th overall!! We walked away with a ribbon, 2 trophies, a Cabellas gift cert. and $425 which paid our expenses.

Joker, chicken was strategically "crisped". I cooked over 200 pieces of chicken perfecting this method and it paid off, validating my 2nd place in chicken in Nelsonville last year. It was no accident...trust me. there's more to than that as well.

Dizzy Pig Canada won Grand Champion and $2500. Congrats to them. Will post pics tomorrow including one of Woodman that is an absolute classic. I'm thinking of charging $1 per view but you'll have to wait to see it. Again...THANKS!!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Here are mine!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandin ... 7662365909

We had a great time. Bruce just came to hang and was so helpful (again), that we asked him to join the team. He is now an official Northcoast Societarian. He brought me the faggoty Piston's shirt as part of our bet and I wore it on stage for awards where I denounced it loudly! Puff and his wife are great folks (yeah , right :!: ). Kloset and Danny did great in their first comp as a team . I think it ws 6th in chicken and a cumulative of 14th overall! We had a dinner Friday night of prime rib, potatoes, stir fried asparagus, chipotle and white bean salad, and wine (Chambourcin). Still tired though! Got to meet the "legendary" Billy Bones too! I think he likes me! I don't know what these guys are going to photoshop up about me, but it should be good!

I was very impressed at the teamwork and how well you guy's worked together. Can't wait till next year! I think I have been bitten by the comp bug, or maybe it's just the sunburn :grin:

Hey Bubba, where's that "special" pic? 8-[

Awesome pics! =D> =D> Congrats again!! =D> =D>

Official Northcoast Societarian.. :lmao: Is that the same thing as "TB"?

Back
Top Bottom